Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oldsmobile Aerotech

70mach1

After staring at this box for 20 years I figured it was time to build it. I had never seen one built before so I figured I'd give it a shot. Added some seatbelts, plumbed and wired, refinished in BASF lacquers, DuPont urethane clear coat.

DSC02513.jpg

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

;) Ya know Mach, I've always thought that was such a pretty car, an I haven't seen too many build ups of it either.Yours came out nice! What kinda motivation did it have? Bein an Olds Puleeze don't tell me its that Eco-tech 4 banger! A twin turboed 455 is what I'm WANTIN to hear,But since I seenit at the Deeetroit Auto show quite a few years ago, I know it's a 4! Just hopin you jazzed it up a little, Sure came out nice though, 4 or no 4 :D

;) Ya know Mach, I've always thought that was such a pretty car, an I haven't seen too many build ups of it either.Yours came out nice! What kinda motivation did it have? Bein an Olds Puleeze don't tell me its that Eco-tech 4 banger! A twin turboed 455 is what I'm WANTIN to hear,But since I seenit at the Deeetroit Auto show quite a few years ago, I know it's a 4! Just hopin you jazzed it up a little, Sure came out nice though, 4 or no 4 :(

I second that :D

Very nice build and nice to see something a little different ;)

I've had mine sitting there in the stack for a while too. I expect it was acquired some time in the early '90s.

I believe I'll build mine as the long tail version though. I just hope I can do as well with the paint job. Nice work!

Great Looking Aero Mach :lol:

:lol: Ya know Mach, I've always thought that was such a pretty car, an I haven't seen too many build ups of it either.Yours came out nice! What kinda motivation did it have? Bein an Olds Puleeze don't tell me its that Eco-tech 4 banger! A twin turboed 455 is what I'm WANTIN to hear,But since I seenit at the Deeetroit Auto show quite a few years ago, I know it's a 4! Just hopin you jazzed it up a little, Sure came out nice though, 4 or no 4 :blink:

No Eco-Tech for sure, the Original AeroTechs were Pre-Eco Series, and built with A.J. Foyt Indy Raced Turbo Quad4's ;):blink: Those Suckers were Potent Little 4 Bangers, even in their Non-Race forms!