Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbico - BANKRUPT!

8 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Auction resumes tomorrow at Noon, Hearing on the Auction is on the 13th.

O.K. I'm confused. So the auction resumes for a day until hearing on Friday? Or am I miss understanding this (which is entirely possible....)?

2 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I assume the hearing is to confirm the auction results and work out any issues.

What it ACTUALLY is, is a bunch of lawyers have been watching the model car boards, and have started a pool betting on how many more pages of pointless speculation they can wring out of us if they delay settlement a few more days.

52 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

What it ACTUALLY is, is a bunch of lawyers have been watching the model car boards, and have started a pool betting on how many more pages of pointless speculation they can wring out of us if they delay settlement a few more days.

And in the meantime, I will be listing my "Rare" Revell kits on eBay for crazy prices hoping to recover the money I have lost in the stock market this year!

22 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

And in the meantime, I will be listing my "Rare" Revell kits on eBay for crazy prices hoping to recover the money I have lost in the stock market this year!

Rare meaning, just got released within a year but totally rare at this price point :lol:

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I have to say I'm relatively proud of the people on here within this thread for keeping things more or less on track and out of the dumpster fire of speculation.  

From today's updates at the court docket....

* On April 12, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. (prevailing Eastern Time), the Debtors will resume the Auction with respect to the Global Revell Lot, the Revell Germany Lot, and any non-conforming Lots or remnant assets remaining for sale. 

* A hearing to approve the Sale (the “Sale Hearing”), including the assumption and assignment of Designated Contracts, will be held on April 13, 2018 at 12:30 p.m. (prevailing Eastern Time) before the Court.

An earlier transcript of the auction results of the earlier Hobbico and other "lots" was posted at the court docket at the end of the same day as that auction, IIRC.  If the same timeline holds true, a transcript of the auction tomorrow might be available by the end of the day.  

Needless to say, I'm hoping for the best, not only for the modeling community but for the team at Revell.... 

TIM 

7 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I have to say I'm relatively proud of the people on here within this thread for keeping things more or less on track and out of the dumpster fire of speculation.  

Been following this topic and want to say thanks guys for all the information and keeping it on track....

According to a document posted today in the Bankruptcy Court Docket, there was a successful bidder for the Revell Global Lot at the auction today, listed as "Blitz 18-313 GMBH" and later identified as a German Limited Liability Company incorporated and existing under the laws of Germany and registered in Grunwald (a district of Munich). 

No info on the auction of the Revell Germany Lot.  

TB   

1 hour ago, tim boyd said:

According to a document posted today in the Bankruptcy Court Docket, there was a successful bidder for the Revell Global Lot at the auction today, listed as "Blitz 18-313 GMBH" and later identified as a German Limited Liability Company incorporated and existing under the laws of Germany and registered in Grunwald (a district of Munich). 

No info on the auction of the Revell Germany Lot.  

TB   

That's because it's the Revell GLOBAL Lot...it's all of it both German & US Revells.

Based on researching the parties named in the agreement along with those who signed off as managing directors they're all members of a German Investment company called Quantum Capital Partners.  Guessing Blitz is a holding company that members of the Quantum team manage as the purchasers are listed as the CEO and Managing Director of Quantum, and on the dotted line the CEO & Head of Finance for Quantum are the Managing Directors for Blitz.

https://www.quantum-capital-partners.com/en.html

EDIT - Blitz was "founded" on January 20th, which would be 10 days after Hobbico filed for Bankruptcy.  Makes me wonder if these guys see this as an investment to be rectified and spun off for a profit, or if we possibly lucked out into a company of relatively well-off German businessmen who really like plastic models.

Edited by niteowl7710

2 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

That's because it's the Revell GLOBAL Lot...it's all of it both German & US Revells.

Based on researching the parties named in the agreement along with those who signed off as managing directors they're all members of a German Investment company called Quantum Capital Partners.  Guessing Blitz is a holding company that members of the Quantum team manage as the purchasers are listed as the CEO and Managing Director of Quantum, and on the dotted line the CEO & Head of Finance for Quantum are the Managing Directors for Blitz.

Hi,

Nice info!

Welp, I hope they have a desire to have Revell live on and flourish.

I for one am still looking very forward to the Ford GT LM version.

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

EDIT - Blitz was "founded" on January 20th, which would be 10 days after Hobbico filed for Bankruptcy.  Makes me wonder if these guys see this as an investment to be rectified and spun off for a profit, or if we possibly lucked out into a company of relatively well-off German businessmen who really like plastic models.

James....

1) perhaps I have misunderstood the filings, but my understanding was that the Revell Global Lot was all of Revell except Revell Germany, and that Revell Germany was a separate "lot".   For instance, the following sentence in one of the other court docket items in the last couple of days....

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on April 11, 2018, the Debtors filed Notice of
Auction Date, Sale Hearing, and Certain Related Deadlines Related to the Global Revell Lot, the
Revell Germany Lot and Any Non-Conforming Lots or Remnant Assets (D.I. 346).   

2) Great research on the makeup of Blitz....!  

TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

48 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

James....

1) perhaps I have misunderstood the filings, but my understanding was that the Revell Global Lot was all of Revell except Revell Germany, and that Revell Germany was a separate "lot".   For instance, the following sentence in one of the other court docket items in the last couple of days....

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on April 11, 2018, the Debtors filed Notice of
Auction Date, Sale Hearing, and Certain Related Deadlines Related to the Global Revell Lot, the
Revell Germany Lot and Any Non-Conforming Lots or Remnant Assets (D.I. 346).   

2) Great research on the makeup of Blitz....!  

TIM 

There was the option to purchase RevellAG outside of the rest of Revell. But the sales paperwork says all U.S. related molds, copyrights, websites, et al AND controlling interest of Hobbico Germany the sole owner of Revell GMbH.

Thanks NiteOwl - so it sounds like they bought all of Revell.  For others who haven't looked into this, here is the portfolio of firms the buyer already owns.  https://www.quantum-capital-partners.com/en/investments/investments.html  Lots of stuff they sell to manufacturers, such as cardboard to make boxes, aluminum, heat exchangers, they also sell some branded household cleaners, and now.......model cars and planes!!

Wonder what got them interested?  Chris

13 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

There was the option to purchase RevellAG outside of the rest of Revell. But the sales paperwork says all U.S. related molds, copyrights, websites, et al AND controlling interest of Hobbico Germany the sole owner of Revell GMbH.

James...thanks for the update....I saw that paragraph but initially I read it with a different understanding; upon revisiting it, I think your interpretation is correct.  TIM 

Court hearing on the sale is over and the sale is approved.

Sticking points would be Ford & GM throwing individual hissy fits about their licensing not being transferable to the new company and new deals needing to be done.

Objections to the sale can be filed until April 20th, and earlier today the court gave Ford until May 17th to see if they can come to an agreement over the licensing rather than having the court decide the matter. 

The sale is to close by May 8th, at that time whatever exactly is left of Hobbico at this point is no longer permitted to use, identify or otherwise claim the Revell logos, trademarks, Web domains, etc.