Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbico - BANKRUPT!

1 hour ago, Force said:

I'm not that impressed of Revell's Chineese quality control the last few years as it looks like more and more slipped through.

You need to blame either Poland or the U.S. on this one: :D

k100.jpg.b40df0d129ccfb18f6f3ccede40f4fc9.jpg

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Don't forget 69 Camaros, they just don't sell! And also the newest tools that they just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to cut. Or the old tools that have paid their way for decades. You know they'll just as easily be rid of that trivial junk!

But that 1951 Hoffmann kit will be worth it.

Hoffmann-1951-1web_bb4c6abbaa8da06b231b2

Edited by Richard Bartrop

3 hours ago, Casey said:

You need to blame either Poland or the U.S. on this one: :D

k100.jpg.b40df0d129ccfb18f6f3ccede40f4fc9.jpg

Well I sent the email to Revell US, it was packaged there and should have done the quality control there, as I said, Ed Sexton ansvered but I did never get a new undamaged cab.
The cab is the same for the more recent K100 Aerodyne except for the roof so it will probably be easy to get a new one...maybe I should ask at Revell AG.

Otherwise I thought of the quality control in general as most of the later kits has been done over there.

I got a text this morning from Revell apologizing for the mixup and then telling me that they don't have access to the support database and I should contact service at Revell.de for assistance.  I'm not going down that road again!  I have the correct hood coming from a fellow Club member.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:45 AM, mrmike said:

wait and see what happens next since I am hearing so much bad information from other so-called knowledgeable people.     

Nobody here knows what is going to happen, just a lot of speculation on worse case scenarios. So let’s be optimistic and wait to see what really happens 

19 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nobody here knows what is going to happen, just a lot of speculation on worse case scenarios. So let’s be optimistic and wait to see what really happens 

And, we older builders went through that when Lesney/AMT went through bankruptcy, back in 1981.

2 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Voice of reason, Tom. Even tho you didn't know me at NNL East. Even after I bought you beer at Ron's Bar and Grille. No worries... Therapy starts next week.... Rejection is an ugly thing!

Ha George!   You caught me at a bad moment.  I didn't recognize you because you didn't have a beer in your hand!   I'll buy the next round!  :lol:

4 hours ago, Darin Bastedo said:

To me this is just the latest "end of the hobby as we know it". we'll be fine.

Or the flap over AMT before Round 2 picked them up.  I'm trying to think of a time when the model companies weren't having some sort of financial crisis.