Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door Sedan 426 HEMI original

Reuhkapelti

I've been posting pictures of this model during building, and now it's ready to be shown here Under Glass.

I have made these modifications:

The Body got four doors and a new roof. 

Scratch built parts are the front seat, exhaust manifolds, some door handles, antenna, fuel cap, air cleaner, mud flaps, shifter, door mirrors, hood emblem, arm rests, one wind shield wiper, licence plates. The hub caps are made by a very talented and respected finnish model builder. I just painted them and added the valves. 

Feel free to comment. As said earlier, this model presents the only factory built HEMI 1967 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan, and that one of a kind vehicle was brought to Finland when it was new. And here it still is, under maintenance. Hopefully it will some day roar again with all the 426 cid power.

IMG_20180111_191827.jpg

IMG_20180111_191914.jpg

IMG_20180111_191950.jpg

IMG_20180111_192037.jpg

IMG_20180111_192201.jpg

IMG_20180111_192254.jpg

IMG_20180111_192322.jpg

IMG_20180111_192403.jpg

IMG_20180111_192226.jpg

IMG_20180111_192113.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. This model was a fun to build. And as Classicgas asked, the roof is made of Evergreen plastic, no other models roof was used at all. Some putty was used to smooth the desingn.

13 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well done. What did you use for the roof?

I had to go back to see what work you had done. Excellent craftsmanship. Your attention to detail is impressive. I like your work on this engine. It mad me wonder if there is a flat black with a texture available for doing the valve covers. I think that would take this up a notch.

Thanks again! It would be great to have some texture to those matte black valve covers, but I'm not sure how to make that happen. It surely would look even better then. Also I think (and maybe someone else too) that the antenna may be too thick, but that is much easier to fix.