[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray,this is really impressive.

MOOOOORRRE!!!

Got a little sidetracked with wheels.  Tried my hand at real wire spokes, but they didn't look like the bent spoke Kelsey Hayes wheels in the original Bug photo.  So I changed my computer model to bent spokes and printed them again.  First used the polyjet and, while sort of OK and good enough, they didn't have the thinness of the real wire.  So I tried printing them with the Formlabs SLA and got thinner spokes that I think, being bent, look better than the real wire.

I must say the real wire is downright tedious.

P1010010.JPG

Wow, I sure hope you'll be selling those rims? All the stuff you have already looks great, love that Hot Rod!

On 8/6/2018 at 9:16 AM, dino246gt said:

Wow, I sure hope you'll be selling those rims? All the stuff you have already looks great, love that Hot Rod!

Yeah, a lot of your parts look good in that big pic of the full "kit" you printed. But those KH bent wires you printed came out really nice.

Middle top one is the real wire, bottom middle is the SLA print, top right is polyjet straight spoke, bottom right is bent spoke polyjet.

These wheels are not compatible with kit tires.  I don't know if Shapeways can print them, but I'll upload a file and see what happens.  If they can do them I'll open a shop and sell them at cost with no guarantee of result being good.  50% of my spoked wheel prints have defects with a missing spoke or two.

Been pondering how to make 1/25 scale spark plugs and needed to find a material for the white insulator part.  Obviously not functional.  

Found this and it looks like I can make it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVT9l969NE

While I was at it I ordered some of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362397243829

My dentist lets me into his lab and if you ever get a chance to tour a dental lab jump on it.