Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flathead

Flat32

The car I'm trying to build is Dick Kraft's Bug, but the Flathead parts will also be used in a '32 3 window coupe when I get a Revell body sorted out and a decent '32 frame made. Painted parts are Molotow and my first ever painted parts.

5a587e0acb7c2_7983401985_bc9440a09a_o(1).jpg.fd7a7d6b266b7cba9eaed9871ffc464b.jpg5a587e3f70a57_Bugbrakes.jpg.1cdff458a83840d87250a299bd38048e.jpg5a587e3433f34_Bugparts.jpg.ac6e1b7d22715ded68a689ef4904dbff.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have the following:

Objet 30 Pro polyjet

Formlabs 2 SLA

Ultimaker 2+ filament

Solus DLP

Do all CAD models with Solidworks 2005 and run the STL files through Netfabb where I scale them and "fix" or optimize them.

This is so cool :D The 3D model is looking great!

Are you selling copies of these parts at all? I recently had someone ask me if I could model some wire wheels for a hot rod in 1/16; not sure I'll have time so maybe I could point him in your direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the "kit" parts all printed, but not satisfied with the tires yet. They are currently in resin and  in two halves cut horizontally.  I want to cast them in one piece soft urethane.

P1000349.JPG

Wow indeed! Looks like you've succeeded in printing some extremely thin pieces (friction shock arms, leaf spring, etc). I imagine the split tires would be tricky to finish properly, especially in the tread grooves. Good luck with the urethane casting; I'm really curious to see how that turns out.  Looking good!