[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

The car I'm trying to build is Dick Kraft's Bug, but the Flathead parts will also be used in a '32 3 window coupe when I get a Revell body sorted out and a decent '32 frame made. Painted parts are Molotow and my first ever painted parts.

5a587e0acb7c2_7983401985_bc9440a09a_o(1).jpg.fd7a7d6b266b7cba9eaed9871ffc464b.jpg5a587e3f70a57_Bugbrakes.jpg.1cdff458a83840d87250a299bd38048e.jpg5a587e3433f34_Bugparts.jpg.ac6e1b7d22715ded68a689ef4904dbff.jpg

Wheels are very nice did you have them 3D printed?

8 minutes ago, modelfink said:

Those wheels look amazing!

X2

Looking very interesting my friend. You have all the basic components there for a really cool speedster. I'll be watching closely.

Impressive work so far.  Looking forward to more!

Edited by Richard Bartrop

This is very exciting. While we don't all have access to 3D printing at the moment, I can see the future of car modelling, and it looks very bright!

Wheels will change to real wire spokes since I can't print them to 1:25 scale.  Chose this model because it is simple requiring  the least number of detailing skills.  I'm a novice at model building.

You sure doknt come across as a novice if this is where you are starting out!

Been working on the chassis, but not finished.  Have to model the front axle and steering box next.  For such a simple car there's still a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH load of details to make.

a2 my block 2.jpg

Wow impressive work, wire wheels look awesome

I'd like to see some close-ups of that engine block and related parts. Those look fantastic from the pictures you posted.

Those wheels are incredible Raymond, I would use them just like that.