Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Supersonic has landed.

Pico

The Lusso I modified from a 330 LMB, about 21 years ago. I painted it red but since then decided that looked a bit too common and so I am now repainting it in Gravity Colors MB Ice Blue. I have displayed it over the years but, oddly, it never drew much interest. I cast the body and sent it to an English builder that I swapped kits with , who when he quit building, sent it to Scalekraft. So it is the basis of his kit. Unfortunately, he went out of business about 11 years ago. The Lusso is my favorite Ferrari and in my top ten favorite cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I am dabbling with 3d printing and model kit building together. I print at home with an FDM printer so it's not the best quality, still fun though :)

Seeing the level of quality on your prints and the work you do blows my mind!

BMF  and clear coat are on, dashboard is in, windows are next. Completion by Thursday night, in order to take it to the Philly NNL on Saturday at the Simeone Museum. Hope to see everyone there! I will be wearing a black shirt with an ACME logo and giving out flyers for our show, the Southern NNL on November 3. Drop by and say hi.

DSCN8190.JPG

Very nice to see the engine installed. Those are some cool headers. I couldn't really tell from your photo of the raw engine print on page 1 - are the headers printed as part of the engine or are they separate prints? Either way, excellent job on the detail painting of the engine. 

I applaud you for creating the print with an opening hood and a detailed representation of the engine! Too often models like this are done as curbsides and you miss out on the motive power. In the case of the Supersonic, I'm liking the engine just as much as the body. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Mike