Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joe's Backyard Paradise-Updates 02/22

mustang1989

A couple easy things I like to add extra details to some of my builds are dirty shop rags made from Kleenex type tissues,saturated with a 50/50 mixture of white glue and water. I shape them while wet,let them dry then paint orange and use black wash to dirty them up before placing them around. Another trick for your floor would be some thinned down acrylic black wash in high floor traffic areas for realistic grime. Looks like you're having fun with this build and that's what it's all about isn't it !

• 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, misterNNL said:

A couple easy things I like to add extra details to some of my builds are dirty shop rags made from Kleenex type tissues,saturated with a 50/50 mixture of white glue and water. I shape them while wet,let them dry then paint orange and use black wash to dirty them up before placing them around. Another trick for your floor would be some thinned down acrylic black wash in high floor traffic areas for realistic grime. Looks like you're having fun with this build and that's what it's all about isn't it !

A year later I know but this is great advice and a great mini tutorial. Thank you for your input and feedback Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, mustang1989 said:

Working on the outside of this bad boy right now. I've put together at planter for the outside of the window with some plants . I'll be using smaller portions of these in it. lol

Hmmm,nice tree.Looks familiar..Remember not too much sunlight,and not too much shade.Water throughly.Bingo:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, KWT said:

Looking good Joe... except that sign over the door hahaha

On 9/11/2019 at 7:11 AM, DumpyDan said:

Thanks Brad, well done.  I am going to try your method.

Was browsing through my topics and found this one that I never replied to you guys on. Going to be working on the outside of this diorama pretty soon. Sorry for the late LATE reply fellas. Thanks a million.