[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Urgent Maintenance   07/18/2018

I will be taking the board offline some time this evening to solve an urgent server issue. Don't have an estimated duration, but it shouldn't take too long. Sorry for the short notice, but we're in a bind here. 
Sign in to follow this  
vintagedragcrazy

U.S. Trailers

A buddy of mine got these for me for Christmas was a lot of fun to build! I added a resin cargo piece to the trailer I got off of eBay!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pretty neat!  Do you have a 5-ton or a Duce an a half to tow them?

10 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Pretty neat!  Do you have a 5-ton or a Duce an a half to tow them?

I have a couple of different trucks not sure what I'm using yet I just wanted a quick build and they were close so I've really not put much thought into what I'm going to tow them with yet! Thanks for your nice comments on my stuff!

vince

Another excuse to post some old kit trivia!  If you find the original kits those trailers came in at a swap meet etc., you'll automatically get the vehicle to tow them, free at no extra charge!

The 1/35 cargo and Water trailers have been in an Italeri box for many years.  But they originated in 2 Peerless-MAX kits from the 1970s.  The cargo trailer came in Peerless-MAX kit #3503 WC-54 Dodge Weapons Carrier 3/4 Ton "Beep."  The water trailer was in kit #3505 WC-56/WC-57 Command and Reconnaissance Truck.  Italeri removed the 2 trailers from the Peerless kits and sold them in their own box.  All of these kits have been re-issued many times and are easy to find.  Even the original Peerless-MAX issues are fairly common.

Peerless-2.jpg

Peerless-1.jpg

Funny that you posted this I just got the dodge command car today it is a testors kit that I got! Actually a pretty cool kit!

vince

Agree, they are cool kits.  AFV Club also does the same 3 Dodge trucks that Peerless/Italeri/Testors did (but not the ambulance, yet).  These have full engine and chassis detail.  Really nice kits.  The pic below is the WC-56/57.  It's a "2-in-1" kit.  The vehicle on the boxtop is the Dodge modified for Gen. Patton.  But you can also leave off the Patton stuff and build it as a straight stock vehicle.

AFV-dodge-1.jpg