[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Urgent Maintenance   07/18/2018

I will be taking the board offline some time this evening to solve an urgent server issue. Don't have an estimated duration, but it shouldn't take too long. Sorry for the short notice, but we're in a bind here. 
Snake45

Why Can't I Post?

Been trying all day to reply to one thread in the All the Rest section. Can't do it on two different computers, in over 8 hours now. Keep getting a 404 We Can't Find The Page You're Looking For message. 

Not having any trouble replying to other threads, or even starting a new one, as you can see. 

WTH? 

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

You may need an exorcist.

Or maybe the forum does! :lol:

It seems like a few are having problems today, I just seen another post where someone says the forum says he's not allowed to view HIS OWN THREAD!:o:huh:

I had a small issue earlier too today when I was going to post two pics in a thread, one would upload fine but the other kept saying "Upload Failed". 

Still no luck with it today. Though I was able to post a response, just not the actual response I wanted to post. Immediately after, it STILL wouldn't take it. 

So I started experimenting. I starting posting it in one sentence at a time. And then editing in the next sentence, and so forth. I eventually got the whole post posted, except for one sentence. Why it doesn't like that one, I have absolutely NO idea. 

Just testing here to see if I have a problem. 

Nope, it seems ok, but then it's only 1 ( now 2 ) sentences. 

Edited by Draggon

13 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Which topic is giving you problems?

At first I thought it might have been rejecting the word "swastika" in my post (even though it was in the OP), so tried it substituting [tail] instead. Still wouldn't take the whole post. So I pasted in one sentence at a time, and that seemed to work. All but the last sentence of my second paragraph. It never would accept that. I have no idea why.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:58 PM, Snake45 said:

Still no luck with it today. Though I was able to post a response, just not the actual response I wanted to post. Immediately after, it STILL wouldn't take it. 

So I started experimenting. I starting posting it in one sentence at a time. And then editing in the next sentence, and so forth. I eventually got the whole post posted, except for one sentence. Why it doesn't like that one, I have absolutely NO idea. 

I have had a similar problem several times in the past. A longish text-only post (usually an in-depth response to a technical question) wouldn't go through, often until it was edited down to the point the sense of it was lost.

No bad words, nothing that could conceivably offend the algorithms in any logical way whatsoever.

Every time, I just gave up (though I posted descriptions of the problem at the time in the appropriate place).

A quick look isn't revealing anything obvious. 

Are you able to post a short test reply?

10 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

A quick look isn't revealing anything obvious. 

Are you able to post a short test reply?

Yes, I did a short test reply on it the other day. That's when I started playing with doing it a sentence at a time. And that eventually worked, more or less.

I'm having this trouble the past couple of days. I can't respond to most threads in the off topic area. Community Builds and Off Topic seem to be a no go for me.

Capture.JPG