[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
iamsuperdan

2019 Ram

21 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Pretty well known, I would think..that's why we don't get trucks built in Japan nowadays.  And also why Ford shipped Transit Connects from Turkey with seats that they later removed and recycled.. 

And why my '62 VW double-cab pickup (selling it in '91 was one of the stupidest things I ever did) just snuck in under the wire in '63.  B)

2 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

And why my '62 VW double-cab pickup (selling it in '91 was one of the stupidest things I ever did) just snuck in under the wire in '63.  B)

Those double cab VWs are neat...one of my neighbors in Phoenix had a couple. 

Edited by Rob Hall

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

The chicken tax came about in the 80s IIRC.   

Nope. 1963.

32 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Pretty well known, I would think..that's why we don't get trucks built in Japan nowadays.  And also why Ford shipped Transit Connects from Turkey with seats that they later removed and recycled.. 

They got caught too and had to stop that practice. Also why we lost the Ranger, they moved production overseas and it became subject to the tax, making it unprofitable.

As the Big 3 move more light truck production out of the country, and the tax is being enforced on them they have been more interested in a repeal.

Light commercial vehicles were thrown in by Johnson as a bribe to the auto unions not to strike in the run up to election. It is the only element that remains of the chicken tax the other industries impacted by it have long sense been excluded. It has cost us as consumers some very interesting and useful vehicles over the years. I for one would be happy to see it go.

There was a likelihood the TPP would have rolled back then eliminated the Chicken Tax, but I think that’s off the block for now.

I got this image off the web, but, this is what my '03 Ram 1500 looked like. Ex #2 took it in the divorce then wrecked it. I miss that truck.

Related image

G

3 hours ago, Agent G said:

I got this image off the web, but, this is what my '03 Ram 1500 looked like. Ex #2 took it in the divorce then wrecked it. I miss that truck.

Related image

G

My 04 was the same except for the two tone.....Patriot Blue....What a pretty colour in the sun....

18 minutes ago, michaelbaskett said:

My 04 was the same except for the two tone.....Patriot Blue....What a pretty colour in the sun....

My '00 Grand Cherokee was that color...always liked that color when clean.

14 hours ago, Agent G said:

I said earlier I think that was the high-point for Mopar truck styling in recent memory, and I have significant experience both driving and working on them. Good trucks. The one I know best went to 200,000 miles before needing anything other than oil changes, when its lower balljoints got to the point of requiring replacement. The interior still looks almost new. And from a crash-repair standpoint, the things are a pleasure to work on. Everything comes apart and goes back together just like it looks like it would, which is something rarely found on contemporary vehicles.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 6:23 AM, iamsuperdan said:

This one has a bit of outfitting, but it's in your colour. I await your deposit! lolz :P

Silverado  3500 - Woodland.jpg

yup, do like the color Dan, matches my toy. is that a crew or ext cab? the angle of the pic seems to make the rear doors really short...

prob a 6 liter too?

what does a base crew lb srw 4by come in at, 50-60?

might have to check out your dealership when we go to Canmore..:)

15 hours ago, dieseldawg142 said:

yup, do like the color Dan, matches my toy. is that a crew or ext cab? the angle of the pic seems to make the rear doors really short...

prob a 6 liter too?

what does a base crew lb srw 4by come in at, 50-60?

might have to check out your dealership when we go to Canmore..:)

I'll shoot you a PM. 

The one in the pic is a Double Cab, not a crew.

The only way we'd get anywhere near $50k is if we starting adding a LOT of expensive accessories!