Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Bee into a wagon

DumpyDan

I was looking around my model room thinking of what I felt like working on and while going through a box of old built ups I found a  Monogram Super Bee from the 90's.  So I went to the internet and looked up a Cornet Wagon and thought I would try this, and this is how far I am on the build.  Thanks for looking.

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

017.JPG

023.JPG

I like your progress! I used to have a 68 Coronet wagon.

When the 66-67 B-bodies were updated in 68 the 2 and 4 door models got a slight top chop but the wagon and convertible models did not. This should not be an issue with your build since the Monogram 69 Coronet has always looked a little tall to my eye.

Carmak

DSC02128.JPG

1968_coronet_wagon.jpg

What a cool, fun thing to do! I've occasionally seen coupes/sedans of various makes/years converted into sedan deliveries and wagons, but never a Super Bee, and never from scratch! I also like how you're keeping the style of it within the Dodge family/era by referencing that Coronet wagon.

I'm currently working on converting a Monogram 58 T Bird into a chopped sedan delivery. I have plans to make it look like a custom from the late 50's by painting it similar to Larry Watson's iconic 58 T Bird. I'll post pics in 'On The Workbench' soon. 

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress!