[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Urgent Maintenance   07/18/2018

I will be taking the board offline some time this evening to solve an urgent server issue. Don't have an estimated duration, but it shouldn't take too long. Sorry for the short notice, but we're in a bind here. 
Sign in to follow this  
NYLIBUD

Well,I guess It's official,No more drag racing at Englishtown NJ

So I received an email from a buddy of mine,telling me the bad news about E town.No more drag racing,effective immediately..Right now,there's a huge push to open an 1/8th mile track here on Long Island.Several people are involved in trying to open up the track..LINADS is the group that is lobbying to town,and state officials to open a track..It stands for (Long Island needs a drag strip)..

http://www.dragzine.com/news/the-end-of-the-road-for-englishtowns-raceway-park/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-end-of-the-road-for-englishtowns-raceway-park

Edited by NYLIBUD

The last time I was at Raceway Park was for a Dead concert on Sept. 3, 1977. I can actually remember it. :D Used to go to National Speedway years ago. 

I just can't believe that there won't be anymore drag racing at E town.I just don't understand.Most of the park will remain open,but no drag racing.What is that SH#% about?Dam

Like i said,I read that most of the park is going to remain open,where they'll hold car shows,and swap meets.And other events,just not drag racing.Well I won't be going there anytime soon.Take care Etown RIP

Sorry the Dragzine story might have expired.Just Google E town closing.