Model Cars Magazine Forum

'33 Ford Sedan Delivery...Traditional hot rod

traditional

I seem to be in a bit of a rut doing mostly Sedan Deliveries this winter.

I've just completed this hot rod project using a Speccast '34 Sedan Delivery body that only had a rear door opening coin bank. The doors and hood areas were cut away using my rotary tool and ' two-door' doors from a derelict '33 diecast sedan were shortened to fit (sedan delivery doors were 'four-door style) as well as its hood/grille area. new hinges were made for the rear door and the window area cut out with the rotary tool. The 283 fuel injected small block  engine was modified (finned valve covers and handmade air cleaner) from Revell's Black-Widow kit and detailed with fuel lines/vacuum lines as well as the usual plug wires and cooling plumbing.  The complete interior (seats, door panels, floor, cargo area) was scratchbuilt from styrene and fine plated wire, etc.), and the underside modified and opened up (to fit an engine), coin-bank filled in, and the whole  chassis finished with a later model rear axle and handmade aluminum leaf springs/shackles, radius rods, etc.

The painted 'chrome reverse' wheels are from Pegasus with the front ones narrowed slightly and fitted with larger rear tires as well as the standard Pegasus ones in front. The small ford caps are from the Revell/ Monogram Deuce Roadster kit.

Paint is custom mixed basecoat and a fine orange pinstripe added before the two-part clearcoat, and the simulated carpeting is felt.

1-P1160871.JPG

1-P1160878.JPG

1-P1180879.JPG

1-P1180883.JPG

1-P1180890.JPG

My two Sedan Delivery projects this winter

1-P1180885.JPG

1-P1160872.JPG

1-P1160873.JPG

1-P1160877.JPG

Edited by traditional

31 minutes ago, El Caballo said:

How did you get the two sections of door together? JB Weld?

There's a plate of aluminum epoxied into the back before the styrene finish detail was added, and a strip of brass sheet is epoxied around the exterior of the window area to give it structure as well.

1-P1030809.JPG