Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 2017/18 Camry Nose And Hood

martinfan5

21 hours ago, MarkJ said:

The only trouble is the roof is a lot different and also the quarter panels and of course the taillight panel. The Chevy looks a lot closer than the ford to use as a donor for the Toyota.

False, the roof is not different, its the same for every make, the only difference is the side window shape,  that is the common part for the common template( the roof shape), the side/nose and TV panel are different between the makes, the trunk lid is the same for all three.

I agree that the Chevy is, better the sides and rear tail are closer to that of the Camry than the Ford.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, martinfan5 said:

False, the roof is not different, its the same for every make, the only difference is the side window shape,  that is the common part for the common template( the roof shape), the side/nose and TV panel are different between the makes, the trunk lid is the same for all three.

I agree that the Chevy is, better the sides and rear tail are closer to that of the Camry than the Ford.

Jonathan, I should have said the roof around the quarter glass is different or just that the quarter glasses are different. You are correct the roofs are all the same on these cars. I'm going to try to make an Arca Toyota from a Chevy. The arca Toyota is not as much trouble to convert as the nascar one is. The quarter panels on the 2017/2018 Nascar Toyotas are really weird.

56 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Jonathan, I should have said the roof around the quarter glass is different or just that the quarter glasses are different. You are correct the roofs are all the same on these cars. I'm going to try to make an Arca Toyota from a Chevy. The arca Toyota is not as much trouble to convert as the nascar one is. The quarter panels on the 2017/2018 Nascar Toyotas are really weird.

I agree, the Arca Toyota's are not the same,  it should be easier to make one