[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Offline for a bit Sunday Morning   02/12/2018

I'm taking the board offline for an hour or so, at 9 AM PST on Sunday. See announcement in General for more information
jeff f

1/16 34 Ford

I guess this is more a fuel coupe than a street hot rod . It's a long term " forgotten " project . Monogram 1/16 scale 34 Ford starting point with the California Charger 392 motor . All of the tiers are black nylon and I made the 12 spokes ,  back rims . Kind of stuffed a FC cage in the interior . Someday Someday .

Jeff .

IMG_3102.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

jeff, you did a fantastic job on those wheels!  you've got the stance down pat. i can only image a blown 392 in there. i hope you get to finish her soon.......on the other hand, i know what it's like to have a few projects on the back log. hehe.

The wheels are beautiful and can't wait to see more progress shots

Thanks guys , I have way to many stalled projects . Mostly because my strength is wheels  and tires and other details just seem to stop me . But that's the beauty of this site , it raises the bar and inspires us .

Very cool, I have one of these started a few years ago.  I will be watching and might dig mine out to get it going again

Excellent machining on those front wheels! Looks like you machined them in halves? 

Mike 

Yes Mike I do all of my 12 spokes in that fashion . I first make round blanks with a 4 or 5 degree angle and spoke thickness . Then I've programmed the Bridgeport to cut the six windows . I have got the three scales "1/25 , 1/16 and 1/8" figured out now .

Thanks again for looking in Jeff .

On 20/01/2018 at 9:02 AM, vintagercr said:

The wheels are beautiful and can't wait to see more progress shots

X 2.