Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

YBlock292

On 1/20/2018 at 3:34 AM, YBlock292 said:

Thank You, guys! Yes, it seems that the color came close to "Panter Pink" which was available in 1969.

I don't believe it was, but I've seen lots of real '66-'69 Mopars painted in the wild 1970 colors like Sublime, Hemi Orange, Plum Crazy, etc., and somehow they seem to pull it off. And so does your VERY well done model! B)

Nice build.

I don't want this to be mis-interpreted as criticism of this build, so note that in the following I'm offering reference to those who might want to build a more detailed late 60s Barracuda and look at this thread.

I'm building a phantom Trans Am race Barracuda from the same MPC '69 kit. Since I'm building a race car, the interior needs to be "stripped". My research into what that stripped interior should look like shows that MPC got the rear sides of the interior WAAAAYYYY wrong. The side  panels should extend straight up from the floor all the way to the outer edges of the rear window. With a wrap at the front edge of those panels to the back edge of the side windows.

It would have been easier mold-making wise to make it correct, but it would have meant a much deeper mold cavity, thus a deeper mold. That may be why MPC chose to mold the interior as stopping at the bottom of the side window sills.

Edited by DustyMojave