[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Stephen82kck

1/25 scale surfboards

I am looking for at least 2 surfboards to complete a model im doing. Would like the old style long boards but im not gonna be picky. If anyone can help i would be greatly appreciative to the fullest. Thank you for looking. 

someone on Ebay was selling them ,you might want to have a look there .

A surfboard is very easy to make. Start with a popsicle stick, large or small available at craft stores. File it to the shape you want, add the fin, paint. 

Norm Veber offers 2 or 3 surfboards and roof rack at Replicas in Minature Company of Maryland if that 'll help you.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:49 PM, Stephen82kck said:

I am looking for at least 2 surfboards to complete a model im doing. Would like the old style long boards but im not gonna be picky. If anyone can help i would be greatly appreciative to the fullest. Thank you for looking. 

I have a set of the three 'boards (and the decals for two of them) from the Revell Surfite kit left. You can see what they look like here: http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/810/revell-surfite-figure-daddy-roth

If those interest you, PM me, please.

Edited by Casey

Why not make some? There are plenty of surfboard pictures on the net for you to use as a pattern. Make a cardboard template of half the board. Trace one side, then flip it over for the other. .1 inch plastic will give you about the right thickness. A longboard typically be will be somewhere between 9 and 10 feet. Once you get the shape, round the edges.

Real surfboards are not flat The front third will curve up 2-3 inches, and the rear third will curve up an inch, maybe two, but always less than the front. Add one or more fins, depending on the vintage, and you'll have a nice surfboard.