Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 caddy into wagon

damodelguy az

Great work, especially on that Revell kit!  I couldn't even get that one built bone-stock.

Years ago, Collector Car magazine ran an article on a '56 Cadillac wagon (IIRC) that was custom-built for the actor Burt Lancaster.  I went looking and couldn't find it, but I found this beauty.

Two of these '56 Caddy wagons, with clear Plexiglas roof panels, were built for the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. They hauled guests from the airport up to the resort. (Just like The Overlook Hotel in "The Shining!")  Rumor says Harley Earl himself was involved in designing/building them.  This one was on eBay in 2015, with a starting bid of $175K.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/04/the-1956-cadillac-wagon-un-woody-marries-utility-and-rarity-ebay-find/

1956-Cad-wagon.jpg

16 hours ago, Gary Davis said:

That is way cool Glenn. Great job on all that fab work. That roof looks factory made. I'v got that same 57 and haven't started it yet. Seeing yours kinds gave me a small spark to do it...

Stunning beauty.So well done that it looks like  production Chevrolet model.