Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Ford TT Stake Truck New Project

OK. This ought to be interesting. The picture shows the truck I've been wanting to build for a long time.It was in an issue of Rod & custom magazine in the early 70's. I bought a Big T frame the other daymand started. The wheelbase comes out to around 15.3". I cut the frame off right before the kick up,and made some new rails. I'me using a Bit T front suspension, with a Camaro rear end w/ buggt spring. The engine will be Monogram's Chevy with a 4 barrel carb and intake from the PE62 engine kit. The body is going to be scratch built from styrene and I may use basswood for the bed.I figured it's going to be around 23" when it's done. Then I'll have to find a place to put it...

t_frame1.jpg

TALL_T.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm back. I had a project that got in the way of this. The engine is mostly done,with a few vintage parts. The rear end -from a 1/8 Camaro -has been narrowed,and the gap on the top filled. It's being converted to a buggy spring and Big T backing plate and drums.The front axle is a Big T. The front crossmember will have to be modded to fit the Lindberg radiator shell.

1_8engine.jpg

1_8rad.jpg

1_8chassis.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi again. I'm sorry the updates are so slow in arriving. It's a big model,and other things keep getting in the way.

Here is part of the cab and the floor pan. I made oval windows instead of rectangle ones. I used the bottom of a Bactine bottle as a pattern. The cab is styrene,but I tried to make it look like wood. The windows are about ready to go in,and the roof is being made.

Thanks for looking!

t_cab1.jpg

t_cab2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...