[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Urgent Maintenance   07/18/2018

I will be taking the board offline some time this evening to solve an urgent server issue. Don't have an estimated duration, but it shouldn't take too long. Sorry for the short notice, but we're in a bind here. 
pharoah

1/8th Ford TT Stake Truck New Project

OK. This ought to be interesting. The picture shows the truck I've been wanting to build for a long time.It was in an issue of Rod & custom magazine in the early 70's. I bought a Big T frame the other daymand started. The wheelbase comes out to around 15.3". I cut the frame off right before the kick up,and made some new rails. I'me using a Bit T front suspension, with a Camaro rear end w/ buggt spring. The engine will be Monogram's Chevy with a 4 barrel carb and intake from the PE62 engine kit. The body is going to be scratch built from styrene and I may use basswood for the bed.I figured it's going to be around 23" when it's done. Then I'll have to find a place to put it...

t_frame1.jpg

TALL_T.jpg

50 minutes ago, LDO said:

That truck looks pretty darn cool.

That's what I thought.

I guess that's why I kept the magazine all these years.

OK, I'm back. I had a project that got in the way of this. The engine is mostly done,with a few vintage parts. The rear end -from a 1/8 Camaro -has been narrowed,and the gap on the top filled. It's being converted to a buggy spring and Big T backing plate and drums.The front axle is a Big T. The front crossmember will have to be modded to fit the Lindberg radiator shell.

1_8engine.jpg

1_8rad.jpg

1_8chassis.jpg

Another update. The chassis is nearly complete. I've had to modify almost everything to get the right suspension and ride height. Still have a little engine workand make a driveshaft.

T_chassis3.jpg

T_chassis4.jpg

T_chassis5.jpg

T_chassis6.jpg

Hi again. I'm sorry the updates are so slow in arriving. It's a big model,and other things keep getting in the way.

Here is part of the cab and the floor pan. I made oval windows instead of rectangle ones. I used the bottom of a Bactine bottle as a pattern. The cab is styrene,but I tried to make it look like wood. The windows are about ready to go in,and the roof is being made.

Thanks for looking!

t_cab1.jpg

t_cab2.jpg