Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 358 - Finished

It seems that this one wasn‘t that easy. What looks  like a heavy  modified Ford Mustang at the first view, is in fact a FNM Onça (Jaguar) build 1966 in Brazil. Fabrica Nacional de Motores (FNM) had a  italian relationship with Isotta Fraschini later with Alfa Romeo. This Coupé used an 130 hp Alfa Engine in a FNM designed body.

Autoquiz 358.jpg

B38137EB-BCB4-491E-8BF7-B0EA64C9AE70.jpeg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

27 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

hmm?

The whole point of this quiz has always been to keep quiet on the answers and PM answers to the OP. Giving away the answer or even hints on the thread negates the quiz...but then again, they quit putting the rules up there so I guess this is what happens ;)

Just now, Zoom Zoom said:

The whole point of this quiz has always been to keep quiet on the answers and PM answers to the OP. Giving away the answer or even hints on the thread negates the quiz...but then again, they quit putting the rules up there so I guess this is what happens ;)

Ah, didn't know that....that's strange..guess I hadn't participated in one of these recently.  Will delete my post.

2 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

Some things that one would believe should be self-evident apparently aren't. 

PS. I had a brain-fart once here myself, and posted the answer. Dumbguy moment. :lol:

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Once I realised that the 4 door sedan in front was an Aero Willys, not a shoe box Ford, it sort of confirmed Brazil (Renaults were built there too). Googled “Brazilian Mustang” and found it. Prior to that, I was tearing my hair out!

I followed every Renault/Renault Export  or clone/copy/inspired by mustang phrase I could think of, all with zero success. Even searched through museums. Finally, I thought - "I'm forgetting my magic word. If you can't find a car, its from Brazil." Searched for "Brazil Mustang", which brought it up right away. Of course, I didn't actually RECOGNIZE it from the different angle. It wasn't until I spotted the fuel filler that the penny dropped.

This was actually pretty easy, or then I just got lucky. After searching for "regular" car makes for a short while, I thought this has to be made in Australia or Brazil or something like that. And then I came across this thing pretty fast. That car actually looks pretty good, would be an interesting one to have in 1/25 scale!

On 1/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, landman said:

I was looking in all the wrong places. Who'd a thunk it was an Alfa?

Actually, it was those wheels that tipped me off, because I remembered seeing them on other Alfa Romeos.  When I typed "Mustang:" and "Alfa Romeo" into Google, that was one of the cars it spit out.