Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yes, in addition to Fords I am also a Pontiac guy too.  I have owned this one since new.  It was ordered on Dec 29, 1976 and took delivery on March 18, 1977.   This is an original 11,000 miles unrestored factory original including factory applied lacquer paint and tires.   The car was ordered with the optional W72 400 cu.in. engine and is a factory aluminum wheel car.   Thought you might like to see what a new, original 1977 Trans Am looks like.   2013 World of Wheels Best in Class Winner.  Will be at the 2018 World of Wheels Omaha, NE in March   

My 77 Bird (1280x960).jpg

My Hood Decal 122712.jpg

Our W72 engine (1280x853).jpg

That is a sweet ride.  I like Mustangs but any muscle car is cool.  I cannot resist driving my Mach1 and have almost 180K miles and it probably only looked this nice when it was new.  I will be in the 2018 Washington Auto show Mustang display later this week.

IMG_0543.JPG

Edited by vamach1
Pic

13 hours ago, johnwitzke said:

Yes, in addition to Fords I am also a Pontiac guy too.  I have owned this one since new.  It was ordered on Dec 29, 1976 and took delivery on March 18, 1977.   This is an original 11,000 miles unrestored factory original including factory applied lacquer paint and tires.   The car was ordered with the optional W72 400 cu.in. engine and is a factory aluminum wheel car.   Thought you might like to see what a new, original 1977 Trans Am looks like.   2013 World of Wheels Best in Class Winner.  Will be at the 2018 World of Wheels Omaha, NE in March   

My 77 Bird (1280x960).jpg

My Hood Decal 122712.jpg

Our W72 engine (1280x853).jpg

Don't ever let your wife talk you into selling it. This has happened to often to myself as home and other expenses have been to easily solved by selling old unreplaceable treasures. Lost my retirement '05 GTO after nine years because it had only 35000 miles and the cost of insurance and licensing and was sold so my wife could get a new somewhat forgettable new car.

• 3 weeks later...

Automatic.  The automatic behind the optional W72 400 cu.in engine had some enhanced internals, increased shift points and an 11 inch higher stall torque converter.  In 1977 this combination was good for mid 15 sec @ 90 mph in the quarter mile off the showroom floor.  High 14's were possible with open scoop and dropping the catalytic converter.  Slow by todays standards but impressive for mid 1970's standards.   

• 1 month later...