Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Plymouth 383 Road Runner

mrmike

This is my AMT '69 Road Runner that was converted from an AMT '69 GTX kit.  It is painted with Tamiya TS-20 Metallic Green with a Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black interior featuring embossing powder for carpet, under dash gauges and the steering column mounted tachometer.  Magnum 500 wheels and a Hurst shifter with T-handle from my parts box.  I scratch-built the radio antenna on the right front fender.

DSCN0310.JPG

DSCN0311.JPG

DSCN0312.JPG

DSCN0315.JPG

DSCN0317.JPG

DSCN0322.JPG

DSCN0155.JPG

Edited by mrmike

22 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Very nice. My only suggestion, BMF.

Ok.  I'll bite.  BMF what?  I have used Bare Metal Foil and Molotow Liquid Chrome on this '69 Road Runner.

Thanks guys!  I knew I could turn a '69 GTX body into a '69 Road Runner and it came out just as I had envisioned!  

drodg, Keith Marks doesn't offer a set of decals for the '69 Road Runner.  But, I might be able to use some from the '68-'70 Road Runner decal sheet for the doors and the trunk lid.  It's funny, I was looking through my decals for another project and found a set of decals for the doors of a '68 Road Runner.  I cut them apart and installed the on the doors. 

DSCN0326.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

1 hour ago, mrmike said:

Ok.  I'll bite.  BMF what?  I have used Bare Metal Foil and Molotow Liquid Chrome on this '69 Road Runner.

Thanks guys!  I knew I could turn a '69 GTX body into a '69 Road Runner and it came out just as I had envisioned!  

drodg, Keith Marks doesn't offer a set of decals for the '69 Road Runner.  But, I might be able to use some from the '68-'70 Road Runner decal sheet for the doors and the trunk lid.  It's funny, I was looking through my decals for another project and found a set of decals for the doors of a '68 Road Runner.  I cut them apart and installed the on the doors. 

DSCN0326.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

I see that now. Sorry, I was looking on my phone.

Steve, I have known about the mis-leading instructions for some time now.  I believe it was Fury3 who had told me about them and I am grateful for him to passed on that knowledge (well, some of it at least) to me.  I looked at the instructions and said, "Oh yeah!  He's right!" and corrected my mistake.  I think that error also extends to the '70 Super Bee as well, but I'm not 100% sure.  Now, I look over the instructions before building and if I see an error, I research it and make note of a correction on the sheet.

Edited by mrmike