[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Status   07/20/2018

      We're still trying to solve a disk space problem. Unfortunately, it's being stubborn about getting rectified. There will be a long maintenance window this weekend, which I will announce here. Thank you all for being patient. 
Sign in to follow this  
3dscaleparts

Tires...Tires...and more Tires!

Recommended Posts

A very popular tire with the muscle car folks has always been the BF Goodrich Radial T/A.   Would love to find these in 1/12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2018 at 10:44 AM, drifterdon said:

A very popular tire with the muscle car folks has always been the BF Goodrich Radial T/A.   Would love to find these in 1/12.

This should be #1. You could use them with all three Monogram 1/12 scale kits-- '69 Camaro Z/28, '67 Corvette 427, and '57 Chevy Bel Air, and since the Goodyer Eagle STs from those kits appear to be history, they would be popular if done right and if the 3D printed texture is very minimal, the biggest problem with almost all 3D printed parts. At 1/12 scale you might be able to get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Near as I can tell so far (though I haven't really looked that hard yet), there's very little available in aftermarket or interesting kit tires in 1/16 scale. I have a '34 Ford build that's fallen flat on its face because there just don't seem to be many "traditional" tires that are good quality available.

WHATEVER you decide to do, please provide a 1/16 scale 3D printing option if you go that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Near as I can tell so far (though I haven't really looked that hard yet), there's very little available in aftermarket or interesting kit tires in 1/16 scale. I have a '34 Ford build that's fallen flat on its face because there just don't seem to be many "traditional" tires that are good quality available.

WHATEVER you decide to do, please provide a 1/16 scale 3D printing option if you go that way.

I second this.  Very, very little in the 1/16 world. Would like to do the AMT 55 Nomad as a gasser...looking for suitable tires...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 4:03 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

 there's very little available in aftermarket or interesting kit tires in 1/16 scale

Hey Bill, PM me, I have some 3D printed 1/16 Firestone tires in 890-18 and 450-18 available. Tried to message you, but it wouldn't send;  your inbox must be full or something??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rear tires:

36-17-16 top fuel tire / funny car / pro mod tire

34.5-17-16 pro mod tire

33.5-17-16 pro stock tire (modern)

32-15-15

31-10.5-15  outlaw 10.5 tire

28-10.5-15 true 10.5 tire

front tires

22-15 front tire funny car / super classes

25-15 front tire modern pro stock / pro mod

i build in 1/8 scale but, making these tires available in 1/16 - 1/8  would be the schiznit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Hey Bill, PM me, I have some 3D printed 1/16 Firestone tires in 890-18 and 450-18 available. Tried to message you, but it wouldn't send;  your inbox must be full or something??

Will do. Yes, it was full. Thanks. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this