Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obligatory Iron Maiden post

iamsuperdan

Trying to remove the politics out of the news release.

The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists has moved the Doomsday Clock ahead by 30 seconds — to 11:58 p.m. — the symbolic time of civilization’s destruction.
“It is with considerable concern that we set the Doomsday Clock, as of today,” Rachel Bronson, president and CEO of the organization, said during a news conference. “It is two minutes to midnight.”
The clock, first used in 1947, is a metaphor meant to measure how close we are to destroying the world.
In an uncharacteristic move, the scientists moved the clock by 30 seconds in 2017, to 2½ minutes to midnight. Typically, the clock is moved by the minute.
The bulletin said at the time: “The probability of global catastrophe is very high, and the actions needed to reduce the risks of disaster must be taken very soon.”

Anyway, here's some Iron Maiden, because everyone can use a little Iron Maiden in their day.

I have Somewhere In Time in pretty much permanent rotation in the truck!

And in my stash, I have the Revell 747 and a set of aftermarket Ed Force 1 decals. Got that together right before revell actually issued their Ed Force 1 kit!

I need to bump this up the queue.

:)

I have a Real Live One, a Real Dead One, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time (the Best of Maiden), Wasted Years in my phone ready for a go anytime I want to crank up Maiden!!!!!! I love their sound and style of music and really love listening to Nikko McBrain pound it out on the skins!!!!!!!!!

See the source image

For most of the Cold War I seem to remember the clock being set at 11:59.  Whenever there is saber rattling the people who set this clock always bump it forward.  What they don't seem to realize is that when people like Kim Jung Un get mixed messages or messages that are less than clear, that is when they tend to over reach.  When they are told explicitly that if they do X, we will do Y, they may be full of bluster, but they also tend to behave.

Hmm...I like both.

Black Sabbath are probably overall more influential and important in the big picture. 

But for me, Iron Maiden are the band that turned me in to a music nut. I remember my dad buying Powerslave on vinyl, and I made him dub a copy onto cassette for me, and I listened to it a lot, and looked at that album jacket a lot. No question for me. Up The Irons!

:)