Model Cars Magazine Forum

BJ & the Bear XXL - Done!

Here's a mock-up of the Kenworth as I'm tackling the chassis work. I decided to go with dual air intakes so naturally I had to add a second air cleaner! :D Not necessary in the real world I'm sure but I had room on the frame for it. The fun part (Not!) will be doing all the intake and exhaust piping. Once it's time to permanently mount the cab and sleeper I'll line all the striping up. The emptiness under the sleeper will be dual chrome fuel tanks on both sides, and the area between the tool box and rear fenders on both sides will be a chrome KW conventional-style battery box with steps. It's gettin' there!

20180303_113723.jpg

Edited by Mike77

• 4 weeks later...

Until I saw this build I didn’t like the Large Car rigs that have been popping up but this one changed my tune! I really like this one , and after looking through the vault I can see building up something along the lines that you took! I will use the same paint treatment but switch the red to purple , buzzen’ dozen for a power plant and a shorter “house” . But must say an absolutely fabulous build, thanks for inspiration! Rick.

1 hour ago, PettyKW43 said:

Until I saw this build I didn’t like the Large Car rigs that have been popping up but this one changed my tune! I really like this one , and after looking through the vault I can see building up something along the lines that you took! I will use the same paint treatment but switch the red to purple , buzzen’ dozen for a power plant and a shorter “house” . But must say an absolutely fabulous build, thanks for inspiration! Rick.

Thanks Rick, I appreciate saying that. It's always great when we can be an inspiration to each other in this hobby. I still have a few things left to do on the Kenworth such as antennae, license plates, etc., and I've been mulling over whether to add some marker lights under the cab & sleeper box. Right now though my focus is on the trailer. I have it mostly done but I'm working on some custom fenders and waiting for a few pieces to come back from Chrome Tech. Your project sounds cool, be sure to post pics!

Edited by Mike77