Model Cars Magazine Forum

Milwaukee NNL

High octane

• 1 month later...

It IS a great show as we're in our 26th year already. Last year we had just under 1000 models on the display tables. Some modelers like Rod Maskiw and Dennis drive 13 hours from Winnipeg, Canada to make this event. We usually have a display table with the latest upcoming kits from Revell, a great raffle,club displays, music, PA system, etc. There are plenty of places to eat only 10 minutes away or less from the show. I myself look forward to this show as I was attending it long before I became a member of the host club. There is also a swap meet on the day after and fairly close by as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes that was mentioned at our meeting last Friday night, as we had a few of our members at the latest Detroit model event a couple of weekends ago. I hope that I'll get to meet some of you and of course see your models on display. I'm sure some or all of you will enjoy this event as we're in our 26th year and no signs of slowing down. Have a safe trip.

The weather was crappy yesterday for the Milwaukee NNL 26, however we did have a good turnout with builders comin' from Detroit, Minnesota, and other neighboring states and a total of 688 models on the tables. It was icing and sleeting when we left the show for the drive home, however in spite of the bad weather I'm sure glad I went as I really don't want to ever miss the Milwaukee NNL .

17 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Had a great time there with Tom and Kevin despite the weather. Let's see some of everyone's photos!

II did get to talk to Tom last night and meet Kevin also. Someday I'll catch up to you as well. On the Spotlight Hobbies Message Board a guy by the name of Marty posted 744 photos of yesterday's event.

All the attending members from the Detroit Area Auto Modelers had a great time at the  Milwaukee NNL. So many excellent models! We're already talking about returning next year with more models and more members. Our guys were astonished at the number of entries   ( 688) you got for your show. We had less than half that number for our judged show three weeks ago and for our Motor City NNL last November. Your show has us talking about ways to improve our show's entry count. Thanks for a great time and a great event.

8 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

All the attending members from the Detroit Area Auto Modelers had a great time at the  Milwaukee NNL. So many excellent models! We're already talking about returning next year with more models and more members. Our guys were astonished at the number of entries   ( 688) you got for your show. We had less than half that number for our judged show three weeks ago and for our Motor City NNL last November. Your show has us talking about ways to improve our show's entry count. Thanks for a great time and a great event.

I was glad to see you guys at the show and really liked your NASCAR display. We usually have better weather for the event in April, however that was not the case this year. Some of our AMG members make the Detroit shows, however I'm not one of them as I don't do long drives anymore like I used to.  It would be great to see some of your members attend in the following years as we always welcome everyone. We've had attendees from Winnipeg, Puerto Rico, and a couple of other countries attend our NNL at one time or another. There were a couple of years where we had 900+ models. Thanks for the kind words Tony.