Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Charger, wet sanded, buffed & polished

SteveBid

8 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Holie poop man, does that shine..What kind of paint and clear did you use.Although I don't use Novus and always Meguiar's products..I usually just wet sand to 2000..

Thanks, Model Master Hemi Orange & Testors Wet Look clear

Your paint job looks "as smooth as a new babies bottom". I like the color, most any shade of Orange is good with me, the polishing really turned out perfect. The pictures make the Orange look like there is a hint of metallic in the paint.

19 hours ago, espo said:

Your paint job looks "as smooth as a new babies bottom". I like the color, most any shade of Orange is good with me, the polishing really turned out perfect. The pictures make the Orange look like there is a hint of metallic in the paint.

Thanks, Hemi Orange, it does have a slight metallic 

11 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Very nice.... 

So you do not go through all the polishing pads up to 12000 grit? I find them a pain myself.

I like them. They are pretty useful in knocking down orange peel on primer  for paint prep. Though I hardly sand clear coat anymore. I just use a polishing compound unless the orange peel is particularly rough.

Wow, what an amazing finish! By coincidence, I am right now finishing up a '69 Charger 500 in nearly the same color with black tail stripe, and when I opened the thread the first pic gave me a strong sense of Deja Vu for a second or two! :blink: