Model Cars Magazine Forum

That's a beautiful looking engine and I'm not even a Ford guy. Looks like a concourse restoration with all of the correct finishes and markings. Even the beloved Smog Pump is there.  This should be a great aid to anyone wanting to model a truly correct Boss 302.

I build a bogus Boss 302 back in the 80's for my 65 Mustang. Regular 302 block with 351C-4V heads, stock Boss 302 intake. I had to do lots of tweaking to get it all to work together and fit into the smaller engine bay but it was worth it. There were no good aftermarket 302 W heads back then so the C heads were a huge improvement. I used headers for a 70 351C Mustang and was able to get everything to fit but it was all tight.

Thank you for the pics of the beautiful Boss and it's engine. The 69 and 70 Boss 302 is my all time favorite Ford. Those were really great cars in their time and great valuable cars today. I had the pleasure of driving a 69 Boss 302 in the summer of 1969. I went to Tasca Ford in Providence, Rhode Island specifically to test drive a Boss 429. I was in the US Army at Ft. Devens, Mass at the time and was about to get my discharge and I was really wanting a new Boss 429. The salesman let me drive the Boss 429 but kept telling me that I needed to try out the Boss 302. I was reluctant, what could be better than 429 cubic inches of huge engine?

I did take a nice white Boss 302 out for a drive and admitted the salesman was correct. A well balanced, fun and fast car to drive. The 429 was cool but you could feel the weight in the frontend and not much was done to make it a handling machine. The 302 handled like a race car, very fun car. When I got home that fall I ended up with a Cuda 440 six-pack. Wives get their say....

• 3 months later...