Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi Nardo Grey

Hello all,

For a project of mine I'd like to reproduce a color that is as close as possible to Audi Nardo Grey.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor audi nardo grey

This is a gloss grey color.

Does anyone know which color I can use best? I prefer the Tamiya TS spray paints.

Interweb search results on colors always seems so inaccurate to me, that I thought it would be wiser to ask you guys/girls!

I was thinking, for example to use Tamiya Grey primer and then top it of with a TS-65 pearl clear.

So...., what I'm looking for is experiences, input and pics to make the best decision!

Thanks!

MG

Is it metallic or solid? If it's solid, I'd use Model Master FS 36231 Dark Gull Gray, which is the standard cockpit color for most US military airplanes since the '50s. I have used a LOT of the stuff. I even did my primered '68 Camaro street rat in it. 

You'd have to clear-coat it of course but sounds like you've got that surrounded. Anyway, it looks just about exactly like your picture. 

On 31-1-2018 at 12:56 AM, Snake45 said:

Is it metallic or solid? If it's solid, I'd use Model Master FS 36231 Dark Gull Gray, which is the standard cockpit color for most US military airplanes since the '50s. I have used a LOT of the stuff. I even did my primered '68 Camaro street rat in it. 

You'd have to clear-coat it of course but sounds like you've got that surrounded. Anyway, it looks just about exactly like your picture. 

In the mean time I’ll check if I can find that over here...

• 2 weeks later...