[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
landman

1:25 siding

What type of evergreen or Plastruct sheeting should I buy to replicate siding like this in 1:25?  Or what railroad gauge is closest to 1:25 since some of that stuff is sold by railroad sites.

untitled.png

I look for items under g-scale under RR building materials. Check Oakridge hobbies they have a full line up of siding in all scales.

Evergreen makes this type in various scales.

FWIW:  1:25 can fall into the "G Scale" umbrella.  Many accessories published as 1:29 scale will be suitable for 1:25.

Not to take away from Plastruct or anything but a much cheaper solution is corrugated cardboard glued onto some flat sheeting. Its available almost anywhere. I have picked it up from soda displays or the like from convenient stores...if thats not available, your local office store has it.  

The-Future-of-Corrugated-Board-Packaging-to-2019.jpg

On 2/16/2018 at 10:55 PM, bill lanfear said:

Not to take away from Plastruct or anything but a much cheaper solution is corrugated cardboard glued onto some flat sheeting. Its available almost anywhere. I have picked it up from soda displays or the like from convenient stores...if thats not available, your local office store has it.  

Bill, do you have to seal that before painting it?

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, bill lanfear said:

That ......................is one awesome idea right there!

I have painted it with standard rattle can paint...just keep the paint light and use multiple coats as the cardboard will absorb it to point.  The first coat acts as a sealant.  It will handle it well if you have it stuck to a flat surface to keep it from curling or warping.