Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toy fair 2018 news and pictures.

Heller celebrates 60 years of continued bankruptcy.

Nuernberg_VH_Heller_03.jpg

Nuernberg_VH_Heller_05.jpg

That's an HY low loader on the top shelf.

Nuernberg_VH_Heller_01.jpg

They shared the stand with Zvezda, so there seems to be a cooperation going on.

Nuernberg_VH_Heller_02.jpg

The good news is the Estafettes were only delayed, not scrapped.

Nuernberg_VH_Heller_04.jpg

R8 RMC is a welcome reissue.

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Looks like some cool stuff coming. I want Revell's Porsche 356 snap kit. And the Toyota 2000GT with 60's girl figure. I'm hoping. But not holding my breath. That the 2000GT will have the option of placing the steering wheel on the left. 

The 2000GT is already out as of November, it has only RHD; I don't think there has been any 2000GT kit w/LHD.  Simple but decent curbside kit. The front wheels tend to be bit wobbly.

2000GT Hasegawa

I built this about a year ago from a previous issue of the same kit:

2v29nbAyvxvKa6.jpg

2v29nbAMoxvKa6.jpg

2 minutes ago, afx said:

Sure wish they would have chosen to release the 2000GT version with the engine.

Image result for hasegawa 2000gt

I'm not sure you'll ever see that one come back, the engine was made out of white metal which was all the craze for about 20 minutes back when Gunze was doing that to a bunch of their kits as well about 25-30 yrs ago.

8 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

The 2000GT is already out as of November, it has only RHD; I don't think there has been any 2000GT kit w/LHD.  Simple but decent curbside kit. The front wheels tend to be bit wobbly.

2000GT Hasegawa

I built this about a year ago from a previous issue of the same kit:

2v29nbAyvxvKa6.jpg

2v29nbAMoxvKa6.jpg

Very nice model you built. I don't understand why the Japanese will not tool up a LHD dash, steering, and pedals for kits of cars once sold in the U.S.? I believe they would sell more of these models to guys like me, if they did. Now do go ahead and buy it this time or not? Or do I wait hoping, for a LHD version of this kit? Or buy, wait for someone to do a resin conversion, and never really build the car? 

27 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Very nice model you built. I don't understand why the Japanese will not tool up a LHD dash, steering, and pedals for kits of cars once sold in the U.S.? I believe they would sell more of these models to guys like me, if they did. Now do go ahead and buy it this time or not? Or do I wait hoping, for a LHD version of this kit? Or buy, wait for someone to do a resin conversion, and never really build the car? 

I am 98.6% sure Hasegawa will never make a LHD version of this car, so buy it now, I guess. There were only like 80 or so made that way anyhow...

Pedals are the same configuration left or right.

Regardless of the location of the steering wheel, the car is a beautiful piece of work. Which side your sitting on doesn’t change the flow of the fenders.

If they haven't done LHD dash by now, your hopes are dashed. I used to be bugged by RHD only models, but slowly realized on the ones I built it really didn't matter, it wasn't a focal point. It's a complete non-issue now, though if given the choice on a US-centric subject, I'll take LHD.

I wish Hasegawa had done a LHD dash for their new '75 Civic; it would also need US-specific turn signals and perhaps side mirrors. But it won't stop me from building the one I have.

1 hour ago, Zoom Zoom said:

If they haven't done LHD dash by now, your hopes are dashed. I used to be bugged by RHD only models, but slowly realized on the ones I built it really didn't matter, it wasn't a focal point. It's a complete non-issue now, though if given the choice on a US-centric subject, I'll take LHD.

I wish Hasegawa had done a LHD dash for their new '75 Civic; it would also need US-specific turn signals and perhaps side mirrors. But it won't stop me from building the one I have.

I like how revell is doing the RHD and LHD dashes in their current releases. The only thing their forgetting is the windscreen wipers go the other way on RHD cars. 

Ben

26 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

They are just looking out for your well being!!!

Maybe, but just the notion of a "want" coming in the not too distant future, gives me a "raison d'être"

Dunno, maybe the statement is too strong, but the hobby as a whole gives me some piece of mind, something I need after a stressful day at work (HVAC tech), same for the board here, the interaction with like minds here.