Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Chrome free' Corvette

IJ001

Twenty year old Revell kit, and not a bad one too.

nJ4tlOk.jpg

Wanted a contemporary look without changing the 'structure' too much, so de-chromed throughout, faired-in and cut down bumpers front & rear, steering wheel from a Tamiya R34, the rest is just paint. Tamiya Gunmetal, polished & buffed, not clear coated, a dark red interior which I carried through to the outside accents and finall a little carbon-fibre decalling on the valence.

Ta Daaaa !!

gMJ88u7.jpg

Q01CZeB.jpg

KPRoJt2.jpg

feOA1JP.jpg

R66lCJ5.jpg

1E5OHuQ.jpg

bBVpUo9.jpg

Wheels & tyres are 18" SA-70s from Aoshima and just don't look right. I'll replace them with 16" when I can, also need to source some brake discs, there's a set in the R34 spares but I'll need to perform a fair bit of surgery to get them to fit the Revell axles.

Hope you like it, AFN

Ian.

Your few changes really make a big difference in the appearance. You mention changing the wheels and tires, do you have any way to get Pegasus products ?? They offer several different wheel designs and stand alone disc brake sets. The colors you used to detail the undercarriage look great.  

13 hours ago, espo said:

Your few changes really make a big difference in the appearance. You mention changing the wheels and tires, do you have any way to get Pegasus products ??

Only from eBay, David. There may be one or two outlets here in NZ, but TBH I've not found any in six years !! - I know Pegasus AM products and they are very good however Aoshima & Fujimi extras are quite easy to get here, there's a few guys importing and selling on-line at good/competitive prices (not as cheap as Europe or the US, but not trying to rip-off the modeller like some do !!).

Ian.