Model Cars Magazine Forum

my 1998 Mustang Cobra

My ride is this BAB 1998 Mustang Cobra that I bought new in '98.  She's turned into a show car mostly.  I have won numerous trophies and plaques  over the years from different car shows but mostly Mustang shows.
It has only 62K on the odometer, interior and exterior are like new. It still smells like a new car, the leather looks like it's never been sat in!   Original motor with power adders, producing at the rear wheels, 372HP.  It is setup for autocross with subframe connectors, caster camber  plates, coilover adjustable shocks and lowering springs, X pipe, Long tube headers, Neoprene bushings throughout the suspension and drivetrain,  aluminium drive shaft, clutch quadrant adjuster,  McLeod flywheel,  McLeod dual clutch...and many other go fast parts.  Garaged 24-7, never in the snow and only a few drops of rain have ever hit it.   

Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup 2016  (116).jpg

Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup 2016  (120).jpg

Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup 2016  (121).jpg

Mike....sharp car, and some really tasty mods, too!!! 

BTW...if you still have your SVT certificate of originality you will see my signature at the bottom...

Cheers and congrats on keeping and enjoying your car for so long....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

On 2/2/2018 at 9:39 AM, tim boyd said:

Mike....sharp car, and some really tasty mods, too!!! 

BTW...if you still have your SVT certificate of originality you will see my signature at the bottom...

Cheers and congrats on keeping and enjoying your car for so long....TIM 

Here's that certificate Tim.  Thanks for checking out my baby.  

IMG_20180206_062745.jpg

On 2/2/2018 at 12:24 PM, webestang said:

SWEET PONY!!!!!!!! Love those Cobra's. I own 3 Mustang's. 1985 2.3 notchback, 1988 5.0 vert and a 99 V6 coupe. 

Thanks webestang, I like your corral!  That 85 2.3l funny how that motor brought Ford back around to the current turbo stangs.  Post pics of your rides.

4 hours ago, cobramike said:

Thanks webestang, I like your corral!  That 85 2.3l funny how that motor brought Ford back around to the current turbo stangs.  Post pics of your rides.

I'll get some some shots together and post in the "what-you-drive" thread. I also have a 96 Crown Vic as a daily driver.