[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Jantrix

41 Willys - final update 5/24

Finally some paint. This will b a patina rod so after a week or so of gassing out and hardening, I'll start distressing the paint. Changed my plan from black/green to grey/green for the interior, so some stripping in the works. I'm split on the nature of the finish though. The gloss clear over patina is a popular trend and a great way to preserve the car from futher damage. Or just some flat clear. Opinions welcomed.

26312036857_04ee26d68e_z.jpg

2 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Don't forget that SHINY :D:D:D RULES!

Ahem.

20160403_134036_zpshf8foqkc.JPG

Looking real good. Where are those wheels and tire's from? 

Exhaust is done. Plastruct right angle bends helped out a lot here.

27460227938_c013e0a0d6_z.jpg

39522626610_e9c16c4391_z.jpg

41289606882_c9c60158d0_z.jpg

Some work on this model despite the best attempts of life to get in my way. Interior is done and due to the inability to really see all that well into the Willys interior once its in the body, it's painted but I kept the detailing minimal. On the engine, I've added the EFI fuel rail and fuel line. (Note to self - fuel line BEFORE attatching the belts and pulleys). Alternator brackets and that's it until the car is all glued together and then I'll plumb the turbo and intercooler.

41607736752_d481967edc_z.jpg

26779671297_2e4879fda1_z.jpg

On 4/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, crazyjim said:

Don't forget that SHINY :D:D:D RULES!

Got that right

4 hours ago, PARTSMARTY said:

Got that right

As I was saying. 

20160403_134036_zpshf8foqkc.JPG

Final update. Weathering on the body. And some chromy bits added. The intercooler will be right below the vent in the hood, so I've made the blower hole functional. 

41598710114_0fa0c92ac0_z.jpg

I have enjoyed following your build and the driveline engineering you have put into it. You mentioned the "Clear over Weathered" style of finish that seems popular. My preference would be a combination of Semi Gloss and Flat clear top coat. This would seem more realistic to me, but that's just my opinion, do as what every looks best to you.  

I'll add some door art decals, so a little Future on the door so the decals set, and then some flat clear applied only over the decals to match the finish on the rest of the car.

Now this is totally different!! Very cool Rob!!!!!!