Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Beetle 1950s German Gas Station

Michael Kröger

Hallo

Today some Pics from my 50s Beetle on a gas Station in a German Town Street.

The Beetle is from Arii in Scale 32.

The Barn is from Mini Art in 1:35 From the "Goods Shed" Kit.

The Figures are from Master Box in Scale 35.

The gas Fuel Pump is an old one from Verlinden.

I had a lot of fun to build it in 2016, hope you like it to.

Greatings

Michael

Käfer Dio_30.jpg

Käfer Dio_14.jpg

Käfer Dio_15.jpg

Käfer Dio_25.jpg

Käfer Dio_17.jpg

Käfer Dio_18.jpg

Käfer Dio_19.jpg

Käfer Dio_20.jpg

Käfer Dio_21.jpg

Käfer Dio_22.jpg

Käfer Dio_23.jpg

Käfer Dio_24.jpg

Käfer Dio_26.jpg

Käfer Dio_27.jpg

Käfer Dio_28.jpg

Käfer Dio_29.jpg

Käfer Dio_31.jpg

Käfer Dio_32.jpg

Käfer Dio_34.jpg

Käfer Dio_High_39.jpg

Käfer Dio_High_40.jpg

Fantastic work overall. The figures are great......my 1/25 scale figures do not look as good.

One nick picking problem......the 'Valvoline' logo is from the 1990's. I only note because my Dad was head of Valvoline Oik racing in the 1960-70;s and know their logos. thx

I really like your diorama Michael, especially because it is 1950's. The car and the figures in the smaller scale look very good indeed... some excellent work there from you. My diorama is also 1950's but the build is in 1:24 scale, so slightly larger. As other members on this forum have pointed out, the 1:24 and 1:25 scale figures do not usually look as good as those you have been able to use. I did order some vey nice figures from Shapeways in the Netherlands and as long as they are well painted they can look realistic in my diorama photography, although these 3D printed figures have a higher price. Your detail work is very well done and for a diorama of that size you have included quite a few elements. I have a bicycle in my diorama also, but yours is better than mine, especially the spokes of the wheels. I like your version of the VW beetle which has the split rear window, and is of course correct for the period. Good photos of your diorama and you have captured a moment in time, from the 1950's.

If you want to take a look at my topic in Dioramas, it is ' Hooper & Co Diorama ' by Anglia105E

David

On 3.2.2018 at 2:36 PM, Dave Van said:

One nick picking problem......the 'Valvoline' logo is from the 1990's. I only note because my Dad was head of Valvoline Oik racing in the 1960-70;s and know their logos. thx

Thanks for the hint, I did not know that.
You are the first one who noticed this.

Greatings

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Kröger said:

Thanks for the hint, I did not know that.
You are the first one who noticed this.

Greatings

Michael

As I said your work is outstanding.....just so happens you found someone who grew up in the Valvoline company.   Google 'vintage Valvoline logo' and you can find a correct one and maybe overlay.....but as you said...I'm the only one that saw it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...