[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Akgriffith

Looking for 1937-1940 Ford Cabover COE

I'm looking for a Ford COE truck with a oval front grill.  Any year would be good.  I think they run from 1937 - 1940.  Does anyone know of one?  Haven't been able to find anything with an oval grill.  Thanks!

FB_IMG_1517713417230.jpg

That's a good option.  Thanks.  I was really hoping for a complete kit.  I have never customized a model based off of just the body.  Although I'd be willing to try, I would rather have a kit if anyone know of one available.

That is the only thing out there.

I believe (don't quote me) that Jimmy Flintstone sells a similar cab. May be a more inexpensive option, if you are nervous about not getting a complete kit.

Later-

Mill City replicas On ebay

I've bought from Mill City with no issues other than it is just a shell. The price is fair for what you get but you may want to improve some of the details, the grill in particular. You should be able to use the interior from a Revell '37 Ford to finish the cab.

Frontier 2007's cab is wrong, the lights are integral like on a '40 1/2 ton, not separate as they should be.

Frontier also has a less than perfect reputation. High prices for what you get, and hit or miss quality but does offer some unique items. Feedback actually looks decent right now, so maybe he has cleaned up his act, but had a reputation for poor customer service, and poor feedback at Ebay. Once known here as the Resin Nazi (after Seinfeld's Soup Nazi), as he would often reply to negative feedback by making outrageous claims and insults and banning them from buying from him in in the future.  

Currently selling under Frontier 2007, but that is the third or fourth name change at Ebay over maybe 10 years.  There are some who here who have had decent transactions with him, just buyer beware.

Thanks everyone!  This is all very helpful

If you run out of options PM me.  In the meantime here is one I built from  Mill City piece.  Grill was real bad.  It was replaced with a brass one like in the photos.

119.jpg.b76ac1d0101fa5ad210961d9c0b6a2e0.jpg045.jpg.08180ea70e57363932780b33f3c64dfc.jpg

If you can find one of the Yat Ming '38 open cab pumpers you will have the cab detail, interior dash, and a flathead V-8 engine.  I took the headlights and front bumper off one for the build above.  Tires and wheels also came from that diecast.