Model Cars Magazine Forum

Made a huge mistake!!!

So while carelessly cleaning my airbrush in the bathroom sink I dropped the spring down the drain!! Tried taking it apart and it’s nowhere to be found. Luckily I can now upgrade from the cheap harbor freight airbrush and maybe buy a spring somewhere down the line. Gotta look at the positives right? 

Did you shine a light down the drain hole?  There might just be a cross piece there and it might be stuck there.  You might be able to get it with a tweezer.  OR, you might have that pull up/pop up lever down there.  It might just be hung up on some ugly glob of hairy goop.  I have been doing plumbing for about 40 years.  I know gross drain goop very well.  Take the drain trap off and probe through that goo with a wire and your spring just might fall out.

11 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Use the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby or the 50% off coupon at Michaels and get yourself a new airbrush that will last you for years and parts are readily available.

Or if there is an A. C. Moore nearby, get their "app" on your telephone and you will have a 55% off coupon, plus if you are a veteran they will give another 10%.  Makes models almost affordable again, if they had a decent selection.