Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luc Janssens

Wanna make a '58 out of your Amt Ford C-series Stake bed truck?

Recommended Posts

then check out the custom (diagonal) dual headlamps from the amt '53 Ford pickup truck.

:D

 

 

Edited by Luc Janssens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip. I have been thinking of making a 58 out of it for some time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck mentioned such a thing in the Ford C-series Reference topic:

 

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Casey said:

Chuck mentioned such a thing in the Ford C-series Reference topic:

 

Thanks Casey, I'm saving this in my favorite folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting....the Ford C-Series is one of those near-timeless Industrial Designs that remained successful for decades beyond its intended design life.  Same thing could be said for Ford's "Louisville Line" medium and heavy trucks first introduced in 1969 and produced (in updated form) through the 1990's....  TIM   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My plan has always been to swap headlights with the Freightliner Cabover. I want to do one of those with single lights, leaving the twin units for a 58-62 Ford.

 

On 2/6/2018 at 7:36 AM, tim boyd said:

Interesting....the Ford C-Series is one of those near-timeless Industrial Designs that remained successful for decades beyond its intended design life.  Same thing could be said for Ford's "Louisville Line" medium and heavy trucks first introduced in 1969 and produced (in updated form) through the 1990's....  TIM   

 

I've always been curious why Ford did so much better with their C series, than GM did with their similar Chevrolet / GMC tilt cab. Those lasted 20+ years themselves (early 60s to early 80s), so not a failure except by comparison. I still see C cabs around today, but it is rare to see the GM trucks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Aaronw said:

       

 

 

I've always been curious why Ford did so much better with their C series, than GM did with their similar Chevrolet / GMC tilt cab. Those lasted 20+ years themselves (early 60s to early 80s), so not a failure except by comparison. I still see C cabs around today, but it is rare to see the GM trucks.

 

Maybe Ford had a better idea? Just kidding. But, IMO, the biggest failure was big plastic not covering the Chevy GMC tilt, something I assumed would happen after the Ford tilt came out in the mid 70's. But we did get the Dodge L700, the ugliest, shorted lived and least popular of the 3, go figure.

Edited by leafsprings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...