Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luc Janssens

Wanna make a '58 out of your Amt Ford C-series Stake bed truck?

then check out the custom (diagonal) dual headlamps from the amt '53 Ford pickup truck.

:D

Edited by Luc Janssens

Thanks for the tip. I have been thinking of making a 58 out of it for some time :)

Chuck mentioned such a thing in the Ford C-series Reference topic:

Edited by Casey

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Chuck mentioned such a thing in the Ford C-series Reference topic:

Thanks Casey, I'm saving this in my favorite folder.

Interesting....the Ford C-Series is one of those near-timeless Industrial Designs that remained successful for decades beyond its intended design life.  Same thing could be said for Ford's "Louisville Line" medium and heavy trucks first introduced in 1969 and produced (in updated form) through the 1990's....  TIM   

My plan has always been to swap headlights with the Freightliner Cabover. I want to do one of those with single lights, leaving the twin units for a 58-62 Ford.

On 2/6/2018 at 7:36 AM, tim boyd said:

Interesting....the Ford C-Series is one of those near-timeless Industrial Designs that remained successful for decades beyond its intended design life.  Same thing could be said for Ford's "Louisville Line" medium and heavy trucks first introduced in 1969 and produced (in updated form) through the 1990's....  TIM   

I've always been curious why Ford did so much better with their C series, than GM did with their similar Chevrolet / GMC tilt cab. Those lasted 20+ years themselves (early 60s to early 80s), so not a failure except by comparison. I still see C cabs around today, but it is rare to see the GM trucks.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, Aaronw said:

I've always been curious why Ford did so much better with their C series, than GM did with their similar Chevrolet / GMC tilt cab. Those lasted 20+ years themselves (early 60s to early 80s), so not a failure except by comparison. I still see C cabs around today, but it is rare to see the GM trucks.

Maybe Ford had a better idea? Just kidding. But, IMO, the biggest failure was big plastic not covering the Chevy GMC tilt, something I assumed would happen after the Ford tilt came out in the mid 70's. But we did get the Dodge L700, the ugliest, shorted lived and least popular of the 3, go figure.

Edited by leafsprings