Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heather Ford 64 Galaxie info anyone??

Brutalform

Tom I am pretty sure that car was white with red interior. I have a good picture of the Desert Motors interior it was lightweight and rubber floor mat. I am pretty sure this car would have been the same. I can't post but if you email me I will send you the picture of the Desert Motors interior. I do a lot of research on this era because that is what I like to build. I started going to the drag strip in 1965 and saw a lot of that type of cars run. I am building Jerry Harvey's 63 A/MP Ford now. gaithere45@yahoo.com

Edited by mredjr

20 hours ago, mredjr said:

Tom I am pretty sure that car was white with red interior. I have a good picture of the Desert Motors interior it was lightweight and rubber floor mat. I am pretty sure this car would have been the same. I can't post but if you email me I will send you the picture of the Desert Motors interior. I do a lot of research on this era becaust that is what I like to build. I started going to the drag strip in 1965 and saw a lot of that type of cars run. I am building Jerry Harvey's 63 A/MP Ford now. gaithere45@yahoo.com

Tom after looking at that picture a little closer the stirring wheel is not red. I think it was light blue and that was an interior color in 64.

I thought I had a picture of that car that you could see the interior but I have gone through my pictures and do not have. You are right they are hard to find. A good source for A/FX and S/S is George Klass Remembers. I really don't think that car had red interior because you can see the stirring. Wheel and it is not red. 

This is how I want mine to turn out. Looks like a T Bolt front rim, and I’ll use a Speed City 7in treaded slick with a steel rim out back.  I have the decals left over from the blue Bob Ford tribute car I built a while ago. I’m using a Starliner chassis, and undecided about putting a MCW lightweight 63 interior in it. BTW... that George Klass site is pretty cool! Thanks for the info.

Edited by Brutalform

You helped a lot, especially suggesting the Klass page. I appreciate it. You know more about these old race cars than I do. I can look at them all day. I must have spent an hour looking at the pics on the Klass site.  The Bob Plumer Collections has a lot of cars too, but I couldn’t believe all those pics on the Klass page.

Yes and I like the way he separates everything so if you are looking for a ford picture you just go to that section. Look forward to seeing your car built.

I am like you I love these old cars and you could go to the drag strip on Sunday and see a car you loved then go to the dealer on Monday and buy that same car. I friend of mine that lived down the street started taking me to the drag strip with him when I was 14. He had a 63 1/2 fastback ford that ran A/stock it was 427 w/2/4s and 4 speed. He would drive it to the drag strip put slicks on it open the headers and race it then he would take the slicks off and drive it back home. I really miss that time it was a lot of fun. I got to see most of the greats of that day run. Of course Ronnie Sox was my hero and now his son [Dean] is a customer of mine. Dean has given me a couple 8x10 pictures from back in the day that Ronnie autographed.

Edited by mredjr