Model Cars Magazine Forum

Miami Vice Testarossa build

Daytona365

You didn't have any fitment issues?  I built up the Monogram 512 tr recently, and although there are slight differences in the engine and chassis to this kit, by the looks of it they seem share more similarities.  

I thought the fitment of the suspension was a nightmare until I tried to fit the body unto the chassis.

I tried so many things to get the car  body to sit flat unto the chassis and it just refused to.  After searching on the internet for awhile I realized I wasn't the only one.  Out of rage I delivered several hammerfists to the whole car .  Yea I have a bad temper.  

After my head cleared I  felt bad afterwards because I saw someone who had the same problem remedy it by cutting off the sideskirts, which are strangely molded unto the chassis, and  instead fixing them unto the body.   Ah well... live and learn  

Edited by Top.Secret

Only small thing I had an issue w/ was one the body was over the chassis & situated, the front bottom of the chassis wouldn’t stay up to the body. A little glue fixed that. Sorry to hear you had issues. The fitting of the small glass rear window was a bit tricky to but no big deal.

• 2 years later...