Model Cars Magazine Forum

14 minutes ago, kelson said:

My local hobbyshop has one in stock,i'm sorta on the fence about it,any real issues assembly wise?.

Yes, its very old crappy tooling, noting fits like it should, but the biggest issue I found was with the cab/interior bucket/dash/windshield,  I had to, or ended up cutting away most of the dash so the interior tub would sit all the up inside the cab. 

Looks nice, I have one to build, also have the similar truck from Revell that has the dirt bikes, might build them side by side and compare.

Does this kit allow you to build it more "street" like? I know the box art shows a couple of versions but wanted your impression. 

On 2/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, Bennyg said:

Looks good to me. My friend owns a real one and I'm going to model it. I have to convert it to RHD. 

Ben

A farmer friend of mine had one too, same color. He used to load it with bales so that it ended up like some loads you see on facebook. A great big pile a hay with a little blue dot underneath .They were immensely strong and tough. Nice model. Brought back memories.

11 hours ago, landman said:

A farmer friend of mine had one too, same color. He used to load it with bales so that it ended up like some loads you see on facebook. A great big pile a hay with a little blue dot underneath .They were immensely strong and tough. Nice model. Brought back memories.

My friend's Datsun ute is a street machine now. It has a Nissan Silvia turbo engine in it. It's a scary quick. So much for a lightweight vehicle. It scared me. Awesome.

image.jpeg.a004b30d18c41eb83e18bbededccf480.jpeg 

Ben

On 06/02/2018 at 12:09 AM, martinfan5 said:

Yes, its very old crappy tooling, noting fits like it should, but the biggest issue I found was with the cab/interior bucket/dash/windshield,  I had to, or ended up cutting away most of the dash so the interior tub would sit all the up inside the cab. 

Huh. I'm building one too. All I had to do is sand down the ends of the dash a bit so it wouldn't spread out the interior bucket and everything just slid right in place for me.