Model Cars Magazine Forum

KenMary Skyline

Cool Hand

It has been a long time between builds, and this one shows that as its a little rough around the edges. It was a fun build of something different to the subjects I usually choose.

Built from this kit oob, but I built it my way.

box%20art_4.jpg

Paint on the body is Tamiya TS-9 British Green,

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20f.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20e.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20d.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20g.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20a.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20h.jpg

LB%20Works%20Kenmeri%20i.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

So this is what you call "Rough around the edges". Looks to me to be something far beyond that. This is about as realistic looking as you can get. Not many 1:1 show cars turn out this nice, and the photography is also. The fit and finish on this model is exceptional.

Appreciate all the reply's and comments. Thankyou very much.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:10 PM, Steamboat said:

That is a BEAUTIFUL build! 

I like the pictures where the car is reflected in water.  How did you do that?

I do have a pic that shows how I achieve the water shots, just having trouble finding at the moment. When I do il post it up.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:53 PM, Erik Smith said:

Very cool. Great looking model. Great photos. Great work.  I like the stereo systems Aoshima includes with these kits. 

Thanks, personally I think these are great kits and are fun to build. A mate said they remind him of the old AMT and Revell  2n1 and 3n1 because of all the optional parts.

Im starting to become big fan of Aoshima kits.

Hope this answers your question Bill.

I had answered the same question in an old under glass build, but rather than link il just show it here. 

To achieve the water shots, I use this location in my back yard. It has changed a bit since pics below were taken, a new tank base also provided a new background as seen in pics above of the Skyline.

photolocation.jpg

photolocation1.jpg

Basically just hose down the entire area and find a spot were a shallow puddle has formed, place model car and camera down and move both around until you find that perfect shot that gives a full reflection of the car. The undercarriage can and will get wet. So if thats an issue, I dont recommend trying to get reflective water shots.

The car and camera set up in position.

Image013.jpg

Pic from above after taken and cropped.

impala6111.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

Outstanding!

I've often wondered how these kits look, built. They should pay you to do their box art. Seriously. Put those photos in a catalogue and on the box and they'd sell millions of 'em!

I'm blown away by that paint. Looks 1:1. 

Off the scale and outta the ball park.