Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jet Powered Train / Dragster : On The Workbench 2/8/18

John Teresi

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the Train part of the body painted H.O.K. black and weathered with "Folk Art"  Black Acrylic paint......I also added the custom made Train Wheel decals that Gary with GWS.Decals made for me......I added a light for the train painted Tamiya red and clear coated.......and also added some "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.......I also attached clear red film for the train windows.......I also painted the floorboard for the front 1/2 of the body  Tamiya Red........I also painted the front 1/2 of the dragster H.O.K. Black and also added   "The General" and Lionel  GWS Custom Decals and added a few Slixx decals ......then clear coated the body.......I still need to airbrush red on the bottom lip of the body.......I made the Cow Catcher and also painted that Tamiya red with a clear coat.....I will make a base next and attach all the working lights and sound card that my buddy Raul made for me......I would also like to thank my Big Brother Brad Norgaard  AKA "Gasser 59"  for the  "Johnny Southside" Decals ....that was my nickname growing up.......thanks for looking

DSCF0725_zpsbymvqx7a.jpg

DSCF0724_zpsblfnfb32.jpg

DSCF0723_zpszvccspcm.jpg

DSCF0702_zpsmanvs68n.jpg

DSCF0722_zpsi3gkxwos.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

This is off the charts Johnny Southside. You've gone into another dimension for this one. Love everything about it and I find myself unable to speak with my jaw on the floor. Right before that happened, a few choice words escaped. You'd look good behind the wheel.

Hi Guys......thank you so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I made some parachutes using medical bandage tape and added some Slixx decals, "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and spark plug wire........I made some axle radius rods and attached the lights .......I painted the smoke stack black but, left a red ring on the top.......All I need to do is airbrush  the lip on the front 1/2 of the body and re-clear it......thanks for looking

DSCF0784_zpsbpxvsn2y.jpg

DSCF0782_zps0g0qvyby.jpg

DSCF0781_zpssdnl8rqg.jpg

DSCF0779_zpsndxehm6s.jpg

DSCF0768_zpsw9aceyx5.jpg