Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Finishes

From his site:

"

Starting on Feburary 5th I am re-open!

Thank you to everyone who stayed patient during my January absence, I was in St. Louis for training on wheel repair, and painting. That’s right, not only do I build models and mix paint for them, I also work on the painting and repair of real automobiles. Scalefinishes isn’t run by someone who is just repacking what other people do, but is managed by a model/car enthusiast and a member of the professional automotive painting community.

The big news is that the new job has exposed me to new products and practices that I will be bringing to the modeling community soon, these will be a boost to modeling as a whole, and car modeling specifically. Stay tuned!"

3 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

In Canada I order from Elm city  Hobbies ,Scott is an Awesome guy to deal with .

Unfortunately the colors that I want have been out of stock at Elm city for nearly a year, and ive asked for it a few times with no response.....

I've always had great communication with Jameston until about a year or two ago when he started a new job and stopped responding to emails about custom and out of stock colors. I get the impression that you'll get your order fulfilled if you just order what's available on the website or go through Elm City. It's a shame, since he's essentially lost my business now that I have Gravity Colors in the USA. 

Edited by BVC500

On 2/14/2018 at 5:47 AM, BVC500 said:

I've always had great communication with Jameston until about a year or two ago when he started a new job and stopped responding to emails about custom and out of stock colors. I get the impression that you'll get your order fulfilled if you just order what's available on the website or go through Elm City. It's a shame, since he's essentially lost my business now that I have Gravity Colors in the USA. 

Elm city has been out of stock on MOST colors for over a year now.... every time I go to order it hasn't been restocked. I ended up placing an order with Scale Finishes a few days ago. So we will see.

4 hours ago, mademan said:

Elm city has been out of stock on MOST colors for over a year now.... every time I go to order it hasn't been restocked. I ended up placing an order with Scale Finishes a few days ago. So we will see.

If you havent subscribed to Scott's newletter for Elm City I suggest you do. Every Friday you get an email of what's new, on sale and if he's going to be placing an order, ie with Scale Finishes. If you email him, he can order stuff from Jameston for you and then you just get it from him. 

16 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

If you havent subscribed to Scott's newletter for Elm City I suggest you do. Every Friday you get an email of what's new, on sale and if he's going to be placing an order, ie with Scale Finishes. If you email him, he can order stuff from Jameston for you and then you just get it from him. 

Exactly what I was going to say ,the only thing  right now, is Scott told me is there is not many People ordering this paint right now ! I have a few on order with him .

8 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Exactly what I was going to say ,the only thing  right now, is Scott told me is there is not many People ordering this paint right now ! I have a few on order with him .

Scott doesn't keep a stock of Scale Finishes colors, he will bring a few bottles in each order. You need to tell him what you want and he will order it for you. I haven't ordered from Scott in a while, I have well over a 100+ bottles stocked up of all different colors... need to start using them.

6 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

Scott doesn't keep a stock of Scale Finishes colors, he will bring a few bottles in each order. You need to tell him what you want and he will order it for you. I haven't ordered from Scott in a while, I have well over a 100+ bottles stocked up of all different colors... need to start using them.

So I can place my next order with you then?