Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ya or Nay on the Color

Dave Wood

Hey guys

I had a can of Testors Revving Red left over from another project so I gave it a shot, What do ya Think? Last time I used it I shot it over White Primer and I Liked it! this time it was over Gray and I dont know? so Think I should wait a day or so and dunk it in the Easy off tank?

57Ranchero031-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

nah leave it like that it looks sweet

try doin a white,red,or black interior

Hey guys

I had a can of Testors Revving Red left over from another project so I gave it a shot, What do ya Think? Last time I used it I shot it over White Primer and I Liked it! this time it was over Gray and I dont know? so Think I should wait a day or so and dunk it in the Easy off tank?

57Ranchero031-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

Ok than it stays now I'm thinking about white interior, white roof,and white bed cover.

First, whats supposed to be wrong with it? look , If your're looking for something vintage try a roll & pleat red & white stripe interior! NOW GET BACK TO WORK! Ed Shaver

Roll and pleat interior ?:lol::lol::lol:

In SoCal we called that TUCK and ROLL - Same thing we did when we crashed our motorcycles :lol:

Been there: done that : OWCH ;) !!!!

O K OK Look in North Carolina, Texas , and even Arizonia where I've worked before, Ive always refered to it as roll and pleat. In fact I've even said it when I used to help an upholster out from time to time. Lets not get bogged down with too many details. It's still a beautiful piece of work, ( THE RANCHERO) . Ed Shaver

A white bed cover, interior and wide whites would give you a nice retro look, but if you're looking for something a bit more unusual, try a tan or "buckskin" bedcover and interior.

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, if you DO go with the white tonneau and interior, you might consider a white roof, as well.

Edited by harrypri