Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Utah

freddy_fo

Hello all. Every once in a while the bug bites to start another project and now is that time. I've built models since I was 8 but have only built 2 in the last 12 years and those were about 4 years ago. I've got about 40 unassembled kits with the idea if I don't get around to them till I retire then I'll have something to do:D

Lately I've been distracted by R/C airplanes but I have no more room to build and store those things so fly what I got and start building some cars again.

I came across this site several times researching detailing tricks to up my game. Have found many wonderful examples of outstanding builds so thought I ought to get in on the fun and join.

I primarily build 1/24 cars but am a sucker for any complicated or highly detailed kit that I come across. Here is some of what I've done in the last 23 years.

20180204_175112.jpg

20180131_093641.jpg

20180131_162442.jpg

20170913_135931.jpg

20170913_140716.jpg

20160105_163543.jpg

Thanks all. I'll definitely share what little I know when it comes time. I recently picked up a 57 Nomad (revell) that I built as a kid with the hopes of turning out a nice little car this time. My brain is on overload with all the possibilities of how to turn out a sweet little hot rod. Once I get a plan I'll post that in the cars/workbench area. 

• 2 weeks later...