[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Oldmopars

Dodge Ramcharger-Plymouth Traildust hood and grill wanted

Does anyone make a hood and grill conversion for the 1/24 scale Revell Dodge Ramcharger? The 1980 grill hood combo is butt ugly, I would like to back date the truck to an early-mid 70s Ramcharger or Trailduster.

The Revell Trucks re-release is great, but the grill and hood suck. I had hoped to use a AMT Lil Red Express hood and grill, but found out that they are too small and would be more work than its worth to correct.

So, does anyone make the hood and grill in resin? I would love to build something like this:

Dodge-Ramcharger-1974-Ramcharger-Lance-a

or this:

cb75b8c58f10c0581c37ba84a9cabcec.jpg

Any leads or help would be great, thanks.

Problem is the Ramcharger is 1/24th.  There are older style parts out there in resin, but they are made to fit the MPC pickups, which were 1/25th. 

Edited by Rob Hall

It would be easier for you to section the back of the 1/24  Ramcharger to fit the 1/25 AMT/MPC Dodge kits and build the year of Ramcharger you want. I’ve been contemplating this myself as I used to own a 78 and always wanted a model of it , had a 77 Power Wagon as well!

Hey guys,

reshaped the rear of the hood. Hope it fits better now.

Added underhood details too.

Attached a pic I got from Scott comparing my drawing with the kit hood.

Hope you like it.

image.png.eec9569ee03be10c83437df2b8ac2d38.png

Rico

Edited by camaro69