Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Bobby Allison WIP

Irish Murphy

Started this about a 2 months ago and wanted to gets photos posted before now but just never got around to it. I only get a few hours on the weekends to work on it so that’s why is slow going. Everyone who has build the old AMT kits knows certain areas leave a little to be desired. Some areas have decent detail where others have none. Fit is also not the best but overall it’s not too bad to build. I will be using PPP tires and wheels because the kits are just too skinny looking and the wheels are way too deep. Hopefully next week I can start on the body. Hope you enjoy!
ihSAWxO.jpg
Started by removing the inner front fender wells
QxFkja9.jpg
7ziemlh.jpg
hlk53zA.jpg
8YtPJET.jpg
tXYf8pj.jpg

When I did a lot of contest judging neatness was a major factor.....a messy high detailed model would loose out to a model that was super neat with basic added detail.......yours is what I looked for. Nice work. I was lucky enough to provide some input on this re-issue....happy to see it built. 

11 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

When I did a lot of contest judging neatness was a major factor.....a messy high detailed model would loose out to a model that was super neat with basic added detail.......yours is what I looked for. Nice work. I was lucky enough to provide some input on this re-issue....happy to see it built. 

I appreciate that Dave... Hopefully the body turns out ok, I am always hit or miss on those paint jobs.