Model Cars Magazine Forum

93 chevy lifted suspension c1500 to k1500 parts

Like Dan said, if you're going with very big tires at all, straight axle is the way to go. I have a resin factory style 4x4 conversion for one of these, but it is very simplistic, and it was probably copied from the snap Tahoe kit or similar. Either path you're going to have to do some fabricating.

On 2/13/2018 at 3:28 AM, ChrisR said:

Perry's Resin used to have a 4x4 conversion based on the Tahoe.

Here are photos of my 4x4 with the Tahoe wheels as well.

Chevy 4X4 chassis.jpg

Chevy 4X4 01.jpg

What came with the conversion the whole floor plate? There are no pics of what you get on Perrys resin site not thats it expensive for 6 bucks but still wanna know what I'm ordering .

Thanks everyone for the replies

5 hours ago, milo1303s said:

What came with the conversion the whole floor plate? There are no pics of what you get on Perrys resin site not thats it expensive for 6 bucks but still wanna know what I'm ordering .

Thanks everyone for the replies

It was the complete front suspension, torsion bars, cross member and transfer case. As Anton mention above sadly Perry's Resin is no longer in business.

If you could get hold of a Tahoe chassis you cut out the parts required.

I know for the '99 Chevy the Cadillac Escalade suspension has been mentioned before. I'm not sure what year that kit represents but it should be the same underneath as a Tahoe. I don't know how much these trucks changed underneath between the late 80s and early 2000s as far as 4x4 parts. 

The AMT Chevy short bed pickups will fit on the Tahoe chassis to give the appearance of a stock 4x4 pickup. There is no adjusting the suspension height and the detail is all molded in so some careful painting can yield a realistic but simple chassis.

As Aaron mentioned, the Escalade suspension can be swapped, might take some adjusting to make it look right. Definitely more realistic looking compared to the Tahoe basic chassis, haven't tried it yet.